cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAI Interface configuration small lack

DmRozhd
Associate III

Hi all,

I have noted a lack in CubeMX SAI configuration. When the interface is configured as a Master, it is only possible to set frame length to a power of two from the drop-down list. Despite when I configure it manually to 20 (I need this to implement XY100 interface, and it is one of the standard frame lengths for SAI also), it works perfectly.

In Slave mode, frame length is freely configurable.

Regards,

Dmitry

8 REPLIES 8
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hello @Community member​ 

Which Part Number are you using ?

Best Regards,

Khouloud

DmRozhd
Associate III

Hi Khouloud,

STM32H743XIH6 with latest software.

Regards,

Dmitry

​So after check @Community member​  , when the master clock divider is enabled, the frame length must be aligned to a number equal to a power of 2.

If you want to configure the frame length with any even value, you need to disable the master clock divider.

Best Regards,

Khouloud

DmRozhd
Associate III

Hi Khouloud,

thank you, but then there is a further mistake possibly. As I can guess, "Disable master clock divider" corresponds to NOMCK configuration bit. First of all it is confusing, as according to Figure 649 of RM0433 NOMCK just disables master clock, but not the MCKDIV divider, as the latter affects bit clock SCK also. I would consider naming it just "Disable master clock". Then, when the "Disable master clock divider" is chosen, the Master Clock Divider field is no more active, which is wrong. According to the figure 649 and §51.6.3 I still can use MCKDIV with NOMCK bit set.

Regards,

Dmitry

Hi Khouloud,

it is still a week already since I wrote you an answer. I would like to update the status: is it accepted, rejected, or still in process?

Regards,

Dmitry

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hello @Community member​ ,

Sorry for the delay,

So your request is to change the " master clock divider " to "master clock" in CubeMX?

Otherwise , this will be internally more checked and I will give you an update as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Khouloud

Hi Khouloud,

The main problem is that the Master Clock divider is no more available, when the Master Clock is off.

Regards,

Dmitry

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

Your request was accepted and fixed, it will be for 6.2.0 MX release.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Khouloud