cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"generate code" fails due to java error.

alexander2399
Associate II

When I try to generate code I am getting "eclipsec" error pop=up referring me to a log file. The file content is attached below. I have uninstalled all the STM32 applications and reinstalled just MX 6.12.0, but error is still here.

!SESSION 2024-07-15 17:37:34.297 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=17.0.11
java.vendor=Eclipse Adoptium
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -application com.st.stm32cube.ide.common.services.mx.rcpApp -rmiServerPort 8435 -projectUpdate -buildType exec -src cube -cubeScratchFile C:\GIT_REPS\PROJECTS\JefCore\SPLIT\FIRMWARE\Simulator\F3discovery\MX\mx.scratch
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -application com.st.stm32cube.ide.common.services.mx.rcpApp -data C:\Users\panasyuk\.stm32cubeide\.workspace_5374180911736407778 -rmiServerPort 8435 -projectUpdate -buildType exec -src cube -cubeScratchFile C:\GIT_REPS\PROJECTS\JefCore\SPLIT\FIRMWARE\Simulator\F3discovery\MX\mx.scratch

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2024-07-15 17:37:37.072
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make boolean sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileAttributes.isDirectoryLink() accessible: module java.base does not "opens sun.nio.fs" to unnamed module @55a609dd
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.checkCanSetAccessible(AccessibleObject.java:354)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.checkCanSetAccessible(AccessibleObject.java:297)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.checkCanSetAccessible(Method.java:199)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.setAccessible(Method.java:193)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.local.nio.DosHandler.isDirectoryLink(DosHandler.java:80)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.local.nio.DosHandler.fetchFileInfo(DosHandler.java:61)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.local.LocalFileNativesManager.fetchFileInfo(LocalFileNativesManager.java:89)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.local.LocalFile.fetchInfo(LocalFile.java:181)
at org.eclipse.core.filesystem.provider.FileStore.fetchInfo(FileStore.java:260)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.utils.FileUtil.realPath(FileUtil.java:136)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.utils.FileUtil.realURI(FileUtil.java:191)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.FileSystemResourceManager.setLocation(FileSystemResourceManager.java:1098)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.internalSetDescription(Project.java:861)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.create(Project.java:316)
at com.st.stm32cube.common.projectcreation.core.ProjectUtilities.getProject(ProjectUtilities.java:532)
at com.st.stm32cube.common.projectcreation.core.ProjectUtilities.getProject(ProjectUtilities.java:494)
at com.st.stm32cube.ide.common.services.adapted.core.project.ProjectUpdateRcpServiceProcess.doProjectUpdate(ProjectUpdateRcpServiceProcess.java:132)
at com.st.stm32cube.ide.common.services.adapted.core.project.ProjectUpdateRcpServiceProcess.run(ProjectUpdateRcpServiceProcess.java:120)
at com.st.stm32cube.ide.common.services.mx.core.project.ProjectUpdateRcpService.doProjectUpdate(ProjectUpdateRcpService.java:171)
at com.st.stm32cube.ide.common.services.mx.core.project.ProjectUpdateRcpService.run(ProjectUpdateRcpService.java:166)
at com.st.stm32cube.ide.common.services.mx.update.MxUpdateProjectRcpService.run(MxUpdateProjectRcpService.java:117)
at com.st.stm32cube.ide.common.services.mx.update.MxUpdateProjectRcpService.run(MxUpdateProjectRcpService.java:109)
at com.st.stm32cube.ide.common.services.mx.rcp.CubeIdeServices.start(CubeIdeServices.java:96)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:208)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:136)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:402)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:651)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:588)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1459)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2024-07-15 17:37:37.095
!MESSAGE The workspace will exit with unsaved changes in this session.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Hmm, works fine for me. Without being able to duplicate the error, it's difficult to help much. Try starting from a new project and progressively assign pins and functions and generate code see where it starts to fail. Might shed some insight. Or maybe starting from a new project will work. Not a great answer but that's all I got. Good luck.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Can you share the IOC causing the issues?

Can you generate a new/blank IOC file and generate code?

Windows 11 64-bit?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Attached is the IOC file. I can generate code from an empty IOC for the same board without an error. Windows 10 64-bit.

Thanks!

TDK
Guru

Hmm, works fine for me. Without being able to duplicate the error, it's difficult to help much. Try starting from a new project and progressively assign pins and functions and generate code see where it starts to fail. Might shed some insight. Or maybe starting from a new project will work. Not a great answer but that's all I got. Good luck.