cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin naming export

abdullaq
Associate

Hello,

I tried exporting the symbol for STM32F733IET6 along with the pin naming through stm32cubemx(V6.10.0) but all i get is empty boxescube.pngkicad.png

I am using kicad v7. It's not a kicad problem because i've imported symbols recently with no issues.  Am i doing something wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
JTeun.1
Associate II

I have the same problem, it seems to be a bug unfortunately.

BarryWhit
Senior III

Have you tried downloading the files directly through Ultralibrarian.com? it's an independent website and registration is free. If the files you get directly from there have the same issue, then it's a problem on that end, nothing to do with CubeIDE. And if the files from direct download do work, the problem really is with Cube. Then, open a new thread saying so and use the Bug-Report label. Someone from ST will see it in short order.

- If a post has answered your question, please acknowledge the help you received by clicking "Accept as Solution".
- Once you've solved your issue, please consider posting a summary of any additional details you've learned. Your new knowledge may help others in the future.

Hello,

The reason that I am exporting from Cube is that I want a symbol where the pin names reflect the functions that I selected in Cube, as well as the custom pin names that I entered in Cube. I don't think this is possible using Ultralibrarian.

BarryWhit
Senior III

True. But If you download the symbols directly, you can compare the two (kicad symbol files are just text files), maybe figure out more specifics about the bug,  and perhaps even be able to fix it manually.  

ST employees don't automatically see every post, but if you use the "Bug Report" label the chances are better it'll get noticed. Or instead, you can open a case on https://ols.st.com/s/

- If a post has answered your question, please acknowledge the help you received by clicking "Accept as Solution".
- Once you've solved your issue, please consider posting a summary of any additional details you've learned. Your new knowledge may help others in the future.
JTeun.1
Associate II

When I open the file that I generate from STM32CubeMX, none of the pin names are there. So I don't think it will be possible to me to fix it manually.

Thanks for your info, I'll file a bug report.