cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCTOSPI and MDMA - STM32CubeMX bug

samob2703
Associate II

Hello!

I would like to report a bug. Using STM32CubeIDE 1.16.0 and the integrated STM32CubeMX 6.12.0 i encountered a bug regarding OCTOSPI and MDMA on STM32H723ZGT6 MCU. Inside HAL_SPI_Receive_DMA(handle, pdata); where the HAL_MDMA_Start_IT is called the destination and source pointers are/were swapped resulting so the DMA was writing 64 bytes into the DR register which was crashing my application. Swapping these 2 attributes fixed the issue and is now working as intended, below im adding the swapped code where the commented out line is the false one (incorrect one).

samob2703_0-1722426480442.png

Thanks for your time. I hpe some ST employee sees this and fixes it but if not at least someone will be aware of the issue when he finds it on google

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @samob2703 and welcome to the Community 🙂,

Thank you for sharing the issue and the solution.

This issue is already reported internally for STM32Cube_Fw_H7_V1.11.2 firmware.

You can find the fix in the GitHub under stm32h7xx_hal_driver .

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @samob2703 and welcome to the Community 🙂,

Thank you for sharing the issue and the solution.

This issue is already reported internally for STM32Cube_Fw_H7_V1.11.2 firmware.

You can find the fix in the GitHub under stm32h7xx_hal_driver .

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.