cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX 6.9.0 released

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

We are pleased to announce you that the official release of STM32CubeMX V6.9.0 is available for download here

• What is new in STM32CubeMX V6.9.0?
    • Added the support for new microcontrollers in the STM32U5 series
    • Added the support for new microcontrollers in the STM32WBA series
    • Added the support for two new boards related to the STM32U5 series: STM32U5G9J-DK1 and STM32U5G9J-DK2
    • Added the support for one new board related to the STM32L4+ series: STEVAL-SMARTAG2
    • Added the support for the memory management tool for the STM32H5 and STM32U5 series
    • Added the support for new boot paths for the STM32H5 series
    • Added makefile generation in dual context for the STM32H7, STM32L5, and STM32U5 series
    • Added hierarchical project support in the Example Selector for the STM32U5 and STM32WL series
    • Added user authentication functionality
    • Added the support for processing before and after code generation
    • Upgraded the JDK11 to Adoptium™ Termurin™ 17.0.6
  • Main fixed issues
    • 121529 [Example selector] Management of hierarchical projects.
    • 130926 [Project generation] Makefile project type for dual-context projects is now supported.
    • 134482 [Boot path configuration] The boot path functionality now supports the Keil® IDE.
    • 144716 [Installer] Added the installation path in the PATH environment variable.
    • 145844 [CubeMX][ETH][LwIP] Bug in ethernetif.c file for Nucleo-F429ZI with ETH + LwIP(IPv6)
    • 147572 [STM32CubeMX] [SYS] Change in the implementation of stm32l4xx_hal_timebase_tim.c provoked run time issues
    • 150288 [MDMA] wrong channel number in the generated code
    • 151261 [U5]bug in initialization of GTZC, missing clock enable
  • Known issues fixed and problems and limitations
    • Please refer to the release note.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

5 REPLIES 5
Piranha
Chief II

The most funny part is looking at the list of known issues. For example:

When selecting microcontrollers in the STM32F4 series and STM32F7 series:
• IPv6 activation is not yet fully supported by the EWARM and MDK-ARM toolchains,
causing compilation errors with MDK-ARM and compilation warnings with EWARM.

Oh, yes - that is definitely the only known CubeMX related issue for those series... :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: ST's and HAL/Cube team's in particular pretending that there are no tens and hundreds of other issues, which are reported all around and many have been reported years ago, is just pathetic.

Jnevi.1
Senior

i updated my cubemx 6.8 project to 6.9
i generate a MDK-ARM Keil Project. After the update my project  uvprojx file contains only all the cubemx-generated files.

All my own headers/sources are missing and deleted.  This has nothing to do with "keep user code when re-generating".  These parts of the code are untouched & working fine.

Just the project file is total f*** up :(

EDIT: ok, this problem has already been reported in https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubemx-mcu/serious-bug-in-cubemx-6-9-0/td-p/574741

Piranha
Chief II
Added user authentication functionality

Turns out it means one cannot download software packages inside the CubeMX without logging in anymore. Oh, yes - pretend it's a feature you kindly added, not a useless nuisance! :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

Instead of removing the completely unnecessary login requirement for freely available software on st.com, they added it in the software. I'll just remind that exactly the same software is available on GitHub.

Post edited to adhere community guidelines.

AGill.4
Associate II

I'm trying to find instructions on the "Added the support for processing before and after code generation" feature.

The manual has not been updated with anything.

Is there any description of what the scripting language is?

i could not agree more. this is the biggest bull**bleep** ever!!! why? why? why? only to anoy the customers?