cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMC working on M4 core but fails to Init on M7 core. Am I missing something ?

RMarz.1
Associate II

Greetings,

I am using an STM32H747 and I have been successful in configuring my eMMC in the M4 core project (Initializing the SDMMC module, linking it to a file system, ...). I can basically do everything on the M4 and it works perfectly. However, when I try to do the same on the M7 it fails. I am literally using the exact same code and the same HAL functions with the same configuration but the HAL_MMC_Init() function returns an error all the time.

Is there something that I haven't taken into account ?

PS : For the M4 project I am using STM32CubeIDE and CubeMX and for the M7 project I use Eclipse with the Sloeber tool (for Arduino boards) since I am using an Arduino Portenta H7 board and wanted to use the arduino libraries on the M7.

1 REPLY 1
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @RMarz.1​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

Since you are using a non ST tool, I am not able to provide any support about it.

However, I advise you to generate the initialization code with CubeMX also for the M7. Then add the libraries you want to use in the CubeIDE project.

BR,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.