cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with new Firmware Packages for STM32L4R5ZI Nucleo board

SSing.10
Associate II

Hi All,

I am working on my Nucleo-L4R5ZI board and facing issues with firmware sdk packages downloaded by "Stm32cubeMx" and "Stm32CubeIDE" software respectively.

I am just trying to test the board using simple led toggle program but it unable to make it toggle properly and tested in other different IDE but issues remain same & present.

Then I have tested it some older developed program using keil IDE it works in that environment, means in older firmware packages it works but not in new latest ones.

(Note - My older firmware packages was deleted and after setting up new Stm32CubeMx it downloads new latest which is not working with my board)

I request you all to please share the possible solution for the same.

I am sharing my very simple and basic IOC file to re-create & perform the same for testing.

Thanks & Regards

SS

12 REPLIES 12
Mike_ST
ST Employee

It is exactly the code you submitted, and it is working.

Maybe the LED is broken or maybe it's the opamp U8.

Try to use the other LED on the board (LD2).

Check the schematic and verify that all solder bridges are set as you expect to be.

By the way, when you state that you get stuck in HAL_Delay(1000),

it is just because the MCU is spending 99,9% of it's time in that function waiting the delay to expire before toggling the LED.

SSing.10
Associate II

Hi

I have tried to do the same but now I am getting error while connecting/plugging the nucleo board to pc - "The interface firmware FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU" - the error msg from board.

Can you please suggest why this error is coming now, I have the kept the stlink - CN4 connector as default condition.

Regards

SS

SSing.10
Associate II

Hi

I started to test the same code in the EWARM IDE as mentioned, but after connnecting the board to the system/pc is gives error msg in the text format while - "The interface firmware FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU".

Also I observed that PWR Led is flashing after connecting with the system/pc to test it.

I observed the each and every component mounted on the board to verify the any broken/short/burnt/damages but looks ok oin board with visual inspection.

I request you please let me know the further steps & thing to make up the board running.

Regards

SS