cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOC file ordering

Ian Day
Associate III

Hi, we use Git for source control and have notice that each time STM32CubeMX 6.1.1 saves the IOC file, the ordering of all the entries is changed. This makes it impossible to deal with in pull requests as you cannot tell if genuine changes have been made.

I've seen this reported before, and it was claimed that the IOC file should be saved in alphabetical order. It is not. The first few lines (after sorting the file before loading it) show as this after saving (and making NO changes):

#MicroXplorer Configuration settings - do not modify
PF7.GPIOParameters=GPIO_Label
PB13.GPIOParameters=GPIO_Label
PD12.GPIO_Label=PON_B9

14 REPLIES 14

Hi @Ian Day​ ,

Happy that the problem is resolved 😊

Thanks for the confirmation.

Khouloud.

@Khouloud OTHMAN​ 

I'm still having the same issue. Standalone CubeMX 6.2.0 downloaded from the link you sent generates fine, but opening and saving the IOC file in STM32CubeIDE messes up the ordering of the IOC file.

Versions:

STM32CubeIDE:

Version: 1.6.0

Build: 9614_20210223_1703 (UTC)

STM32CubeMX - STM32 Device Configuration Tool (In CubeIDE - Generates Out of Order)

Version: 6.2.0-RC3

Build: 20210219-1602 (UTC)

Hi @Michael K​,

Sorry for my late reply.

Let me share with you my comprehension to avoid any misunderstanding: so, when creating project using STM32CubeMX standalone the generated IOC file is alphabetically sorted and no issue is observed. Otherwise, when you load the saved project with STM32CubeIDE and regenerate the project, it became no longer sorted.

Please correct me if I misunderstood something.

Your feedback is important to help us track the root cause of this misbehavior.

Thanks in advance,

Khouloud.

My project was created by the TouchGFX designer. I've used the generated project with STM32CubeIDE. Until recently things were fine, but then CubeIDE's code generator started messing up the order of the IOC. CubeMX standalone generates fine (alphabetical).

LRibe.1
Associate

With a fresh install of STM32CubeIDE:

STM32CubeIDE Version: 1.6.1 Build: 9958_20210326_1446 (UTC)

STMicroelectronics   STM32CubeMX   6.2.1.202103241236   com.st.stm32cube.common.feature.mx

I'm experiencing this problem. Every time "Generate Code" is chosen, the .ioc file is unsorted.

Directory <C:\Users\...\.stm32cubemx> has no STM32CubeMX.log file.

Should I open a new forum post? This doesn't happen when generating code on the standalone STM32CubeMX program.

Thanks