cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having a problem with CubeMX. When I create a new project and want to open the project, I get the error message "Not a valid IOC File". Windows 10 CubeMX 6.1.0

GKrei.1
Associate II

0693W000006EZa1QAG.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

Hello GKrei.1,

Welcome to our community 🙂

Could you please attach your .ioc file to check the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Khouloud.

I reinstalled CubeMX yesterday but got the same result. I also make a new project in a directory without spaces (test), the same result. I installed the latest Version of Java and deleted the "old" Java installations with the Java Removal Tool, still the same result.

I tried to open an "old" project, the same error message.

I hope you can help me. Thanks and best regards

Guenther

Hi  GKrei.1,

I can't reproduce the issue from my side, your attached project is loaded correctly. Can you please attach the STM32CubeMX.log file that you'll find under [C:\<User_path>\.stm32cubemx] to further check.

I will be waiting for your response.

Khouloud.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Enclosed the log file.

Best regards

Guenther

Hello GKrei.1,

It is a bit odd, but I still can't reproduce the problem.  I have loaded the attached project and it is correctly opened. Unfortunately the .log doesn't reveal a big thing except a java exception when trying to load the project.

It is strange that it is not working from your side, but let's see what can we do to resolve this misbehavior.

So if you miss any information in the scenario that you have reproduced please let me know: As I understood you can create a project using CubeMX and when you save the project and reload it , this project can't be loaded and this error message: "Not a valid ioc file" is displayed. Please correct me if this is not the case.

I want to know if you are using CubeMX GUI or running it in command line mode? and did you change  manually the configuration settings (opening the .ioc with a text Editor IDE) ?

Another point, could you please check what version of FW did you use when you create your project, as I can remark from the attached .ioc you're using STM32Cube FW_F0 V1.11.2 which is not valid as the last FW version is STM32Cube FW_F0 V1.11.1.

Your feedback will be important to find the root cause of this problem,

Thanks in advance,

Khouloud.

Hi,

thanks for your support.

The problem started yesterday when I started a new project. When I started CubeMX, an upgrade was downloaded. I had previously worked with version 6.0.1, the upgrade was to version 6.1.0.

I want to replace an older design with an ATMEL 8-bit processor with an STM32F030. For first attempts I wanted to use the STM32F0 Discovery Board.

When I had defined the pins, I realized that the USER_Label for the pins could not be edited. Then I had the source code generated for the project. That still worked well, but when I tried to open the project I received the error message.

Then I uninstalled CubeMx and installed version 6.0.1. Unfortunately, I still got the error message. My next step was to delete all "old" Java installations and install the latest version. After the Java installation I installed the CubeMX 6.0.1 again. No improvement.

I only use CubeMX for configuration and code debugging in GUI mode.

I have now used STM32Cube FW_F0 V1.11.1 before generating the code after your reference. The code generation works, but the project cannot be opened afterwards.

I looked at the ioc file with the editor (NotePad ++), the XML file looks "normal" to me. However, I haven't changed anything about it.

When uninstalling and installing CubeMX, I noticed that the project information was not lost.

Can you tell me which directories are to be deleted after the uninstallation, that CubeMX is completely deleted or which entries in the Windows registry are to be deleted. Maybe something is broken in a "hidden" directory or file or registry key that causes this error message to appear.

As I have already written, older project files can also not opened. I also get this error message with these previously working files.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Guenther

Hello GKrei.1,

Sorry for the delay.

I can't reproduce the issue even when trying to do the same steps detailed in your comment above. It is weird that you're facing this issue and I can't assess it is an upgrade issue since in both case :

• Upgrade from version 6.0.1 to version 6.1.0 using CubeMX.
  • Migrate to the 6.1.0 by installing the new package from the web and not updating from the tool,

I' m not facing any problem with opening any .ioc saved in my machine .

In this case please retry to uninstall all the old CubeMX versions in your machine (check "Force the deletion" box) and verify that CubeMX is completely deleted.

0693W000006Evf8QAC.png 

Hope this will help you,

Khouloud.

To correct the information I have mentioned in a previous post concerning the last F0 FW version: In fact STM32Cube FW_F0 V1.11.2  is supported by STM32CubeMX I just miss the Data refresh. My bad 😅

BCina.1
Associate

First enter the file where the HAL projects are saved. Then open .project file with Atollic (click left and open together Atollic)