cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using STM32CubeMX (Version 6.0.1) to transfer a basic project using an STM32F407VGTX chip to Keil uVision5 (V5.32.0.0) but the project files are not transferring correctly. None of the files seems to be correctly assembled in Keil.

PMorr.1
Associate II

I have attached a screenshot of a comparison of a project that works (an old one that I created previously in an older version of STM32CubeMx) on the left hand side of the window versus one I just created today using the most recent version of STM32CubeMx (right hand side). Any idea why the project is not exporting to Keil correctly?

I have uninstalled STM32CubeMx and reinstalled. I have also installed the latest STM32Cube MCU Package for the STM32F4 Series (1.25.1) .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi PMorr.1,

As I can remark from the attached .log:

0693W000005A5BdQAK.pngYou have a specific "#" character in the path of your project folder, which may cause this problem.

Some special character in the generation path (e.g. "ä", "&", "#") prevent CubeMX from correctly generate the project when using MDK-ARM toolchain. Sorry for the inconvenience, this is a known issue and it has been reported internally for fix. Thanks for your patience.

Please try to change the generation path and check if the problem still occurs.

Reagards,

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello PMorr.1,

Could you please share your .ioc file for further check ?

Regards,

Khouloud.

PMorr.1
Associate II

Hi Khouloud,

please see attached.

Regards,

Paul

Hi PMorr.1,

I can't reproduce the issue, the project is correctly generated from my side:

0693W0000059pbpQAA.pngCould you please attach the STM32CubeMX.log to track the issue ?

Thanks,

Reagards,

Khouloud.

PMorr.1
Associate II

Hi Khouloud,

yes I eventually found the log file under the path:-

C:\Users\PMorrow\.stm32cubemx.

Please see attached.

I notice that the Inc and Src folders that are generated by STM32CubeMx for Keil are generated inside the following path:-

Project_Name\Core\Src

Project_Name\Core\Inc

In the previous version of STM32CubeMx the Inc and Src folders were not placed inside the Core folder

Project_Name\Src

Project_Name\Inc

I don't know if this is causing an issue but it seems strange that the folder paths have changed.

Hopefully, you find the problem within the Log file.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi PMorr.1,

As I can remark from the attached .log:

0693W000005A5BdQAK.pngYou have a specific "#" character in the path of your project folder, which may cause this problem.

Some special character in the generation path (e.g. "ä", "&", "#") prevent CubeMX from correctly generate the project when using MDK-ARM toolchain. Sorry for the inconvenience, this is a known issue and it has been reported internally for fix. Thanks for your patience.

Please try to change the generation path and check if the problem still occurs.

Reagards,

Khouloud.

PMorr.1
Associate II

Thanks very much Khouloud.

Yes, I renamed the directory path to remove the # symbol and I had to delete the folders that were generated from STM32CubeMx and once I did that it was able to transfer the project correctly.

Thanks for your help,

Paul