cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send and receive UDP packets on the Nucleo-H723ZG board?

Daecheol
Associate II

I am trying to use LWIP on the STM32H723 Nucleo board to send and receive UDP packets. I have generated code using CubeMX version 6.70 and configured it to use LWIP with FreeRTOS. I have referred to the H7 series LWIP related problems and H723 address setting problems in this community. But when I run the project, it triggers the MemMange_Handler(void) and no longer proceeds. I believe the issue may be with the MPU configuration. If I don't set up MPU, the project runs, but I can't send or receive UDP packets. When I check packets using WireShark, I can only see ARP protocol when sending UDP packets. I would appreciate it if you could tell me the solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Daecheol​ and welcome to the Community 🙂,

I advise you, when you configurated the LWIP, to get inspired form the steps described in this FAQ: How to create project for STM32H7 with Ethernet and LwIP stack working

Also, you can get started with the example provided here stm32-hotspot/STM32H7-LwIP-Examples: Ethernet examples using LwIP + FreeRTOS for STM32H7 Discovery and Nucleo boards (github.com).

I hope this helps!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Daecheol​ and welcome to the Community 🙂,

I advise you, when you configurated the LWIP, to get inspired form the steps described in this FAQ: How to create project for STM32H7 with Ethernet and LwIP stack working

Also, you can get started with the example provided here stm32-hotspot/STM32H7-LwIP-Examples: Ethernet examples using LwIP + FreeRTOS for STM32H7 Discovery and Nucleo boards (github.com).

I hope this helps!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Daecheol
Associate II

Thanks for your answer.

I checked the link above and it solved the problem. In stm32H723, MPU setting can be done as shown in the following figure.

0693W00000Y8cq2QAB.png0693W00000Y8cqCQAR.png 

thank you.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @Daecheol​,

Glad to know that issue is already fixed.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers

Thank you.

Kaouthar