cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect a library for emulating EEPROM memory in Cube MX?

ASeli.2
Associate II

Hi everyone!

I am going to use the EEPROM emulation library for stm32f407vet6 microcontroller. I downloaded it from the ST site, and then added the files "eeprom.h" and "eeprom.c" in my project. I told the compiler the path to the folder in which I store these libraries, but the project produces a large number of build errors. It seems that some of the definitions used in eeprom.c are missing in eeprom.h. In addition, some definitions are determined to be erroneous in eeprom.h. My question is this: how to properly connect these libraries and overcome these errors? I will attach some screenshots. Thanks in advance, and sorry for the translator, I'm not an English speaker.

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @ASeli.2​, to the community!

from which EEPROM emulation package did you take the files eeprom.h and eeprom.c?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you!

In folder STM32F4xx_EEPROM_Emulation I found folders inc and src (there were also folders for TrueSTUDIO, RIDE, EWARM, but I did not touch them). From inc I took eeprom.h, and from src - eeprom.c. I did not touch other files from these folders (stm32f4xx_conf.h and others). By the way, I forgot to mention that I work at Cube MX.

And where did you get this EEPROM emulation package from?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I took it from the site st.com (link: https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stsw-stm32066.html).

ASeli.2
Associate II

Hi guys!

I never learned how to work with the downloaded library, so I started using a physical memory microcircuit in my project, with which I work using standard HAL functions. If I still cope with this task, then I will definitely write a solution to this problem here. Good luck!

ASeli.2
Associate II

Hello everyone!

I wrote my own memory emulation library. It's pretty simple, but nevertheless working. It seemed to me easier than getting that library to work, because of which I later had to use a memory chip.