cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change chip selection after a project is created

Ekim.1
Associate II

Hello, I'm programming using STM32H753. But I realized that the chip I chose when I was creating the project was STM32H743. Is there any way to change the chip settings in a project that has already been created? Should we re-create a new project unconditionally? Answer me. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @Ekim.1​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

There are two methods to change an MCU by CubeMX. For more details, please check my answer in this thread Changing from STM32F769NIHx to STM32F769BGTx.

PS: Unfortunately the  List Pinout Compatible MCUs is bugged in v6.5.0 but it will be fixed. I would advice you to use the import method if you are working with v6.5.0.

I hope this helps !

If your issue is solved, please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button. This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly 🙂

Sara.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anil3
Associate III

Hi @Ekim.1​ 

I think there is no such kind of option to change the chip, if once the project is created .ioc file will be generated which is particular for that controller only.

If you think that this is best, select as best so that other's can find out easily.

KnarfB
Principal III

Good news: there is a way in STM32CubeMX by pressing Alt+L or drop down the Pinout menu in the Pinout & Config tab.

Bad news: Some reported that the feature is sluggish or even broken in the current version, so you may try several times.

hth

KnarfB

Michael E
ST Employee

Hi @Ekim.1​ ,

Unfortunately, for the moment, the STM32CubeMX is not able to migrate a project to another STM32.

Best Regards

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

VZhik
Associate

You can create a new empty project and import a old one

Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @Ekim.1​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

There are two methods to change an MCU by CubeMX. For more details, please check my answer in this thread Changing from STM32F769NIHx to STM32F769BGTx.

PS: Unfortunately the  List Pinout Compatible MCUs is bugged in v6.5.0 but it will be fixed. I would advice you to use the import method if you are working with v6.5.0.

I hope this helps !

If your issue is solved, please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button. This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly 🙂

Sara.