cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I load an earlier version of the MX program? The current version does not generate code right like the previous version did.

KiptonM
Lead

I have been using the DMA for UART transmit for months without problem. The MX program is not generating the code for DMA configuration anymore. It used to work. I have other problems with the current version and I am tired of all the "it will be fixed in the next version".

4 REPLIES 4
KiptonM
Lead

Actually it is the plug in for the STM32CubeIDE that I am using. I need the code generator to work right.

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @KiptonM​ 

First let me thank you for having reported.

I created a little program with the CubeIDE 1.9 which activate the UART and the DMA and it generate correctly the code also I am able to send data with UART and DMA.

P.S I used an stm32h743 MCU.

Could you please precise on which MCU you have observed this misbehavior ?

Also, it will be helpful if you attach you .ioc file for further check from my side.

Thanks in advance.

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

KiptonM
Lead

It worked on the STM32G031 but did not wok on the STM32G051K8T.

I found the error, that made me want to go back, it was not setting up the correct function for the Pin. It was Alternate Function 0 when it should have been Alternate Function 1 on the UART1 transmit pin. Receive was O,K, and I believe UART2 was O.K.

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

I could reproduce the same issue with older version from CubeMx.

Fortunately the latest version 6.6.1 generate the Init code with the right alternate function for the UART1_Tx.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.