cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heap_x.c file not in GPDSC file generated by STM32CubeMX

Martin Franke
Associate III

Hi, I've generated a project using STM32CubeMX for the STM32G030C8Tx and I've included FREERTOS. The heap_x file is not listed in the GPDSC file. I think this is a bug, note someone else appears to have had the same issue here: Topic: Error undefined reference to `pvPortMalloc and `vPortFree' | Sysprogs

Attached is my .ioc file and GPDSC file (I had to change it to a txt file to upload).

5 REPLIES 5
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Martin Franke​ 

Let me be sure that I understand the issue, is that Heap_x.c files are not generated in project folder?

In my case ,when I load your ioc and generate using STM32CubeMX , Heap_1.c to Heap_5.c are generated under :

Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\MemMang\

Please tell me if I miss something?

Houda

Martin Franke
Associate III

Hello @Houda GHABRI​,

Thanks for looking into this. The files are generated correctly, but there is no reference to them in the gpdsc file. I'm using VisualGDB with CubeMX and when I generate a new project it doesn't automatically reference them since it pulls all its references from the gpdsc file. It's not a major bug since I can manually add them but might be really frustrating for someone. It wasn't immediately obvious to me where the problem was when I began the project.

Thanks,

Martin

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Martin Franke​ ,

Thanks I catch the point.

The issue is reproduced and internal ticket is submitted to STM32CubeMX development team to be fixed as soon as possible.

Houda

Martin Franke
Associate III

Hello @Houda GHABRI​ ,

Thank you very much for taking time to submit this to the development team.

Martin

Hi @Martin Franke​ ,

Thanks to you for bringing this error to our attention.

Houda