cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cubemx v6.8 deletes the "Middlewares" folder, even if there are other non-cubemx generated files in it.

Zack
Associate II

Created a new project with v6.8 and reproduced the issue

Steps:

1.cubeMX create new STM32F334 project and generate code.

(Project-application structure-advanced

Project-IDE-MDK-v5.32

Code Generator- copy only the necessary library files

Code Generator- Delete previously gernerated files)

2.Create a Middlewares folder (/project folder/Middlewares), copy some folders in this folder (/project folder/Middlewares/mymiddleware).

3.Generate code again, Middlewares folder is deleted.

jre:IBM Semeru jre 11.0.18.10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @Zack​ 

Thank you for your contributions and for your detailed explanations,

I confirm the issue on my side, it has been reported to STM32CubeMX development team .

Internal ticket number: 147368(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

I will keep you posted with updates.

Thanks,

Ghofrane

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @Zack​ 

Thank you for your contributions and for your detailed explanations,

I confirm the issue on my side, it has been reported to STM32CubeMX development team .

Internal ticket number: 147368(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

I will keep you posted with updates.

Thanks,

Ghofrane

MPast.1
Senior II

I discover the same thing on STM32CubeIDE 1.12.0 (windows version) with Touchgfx 4.21:

Everytime I generate code by configurator on STMCubeIDE, thisone delete the "Middlewares" folder from my project.

In my case, I must re-generate one more time the Code by Touchgfx.

MChan.10
Associate II

What is the workaround to get the Middlewares back that I need to compile my project in STMCubeIDE?

JensH
Associate III

The Bug also exists in STM32CubeMX 6.8.1 and STM32CubeIDE 1.12.1.

I found this clumsy workarround for me:

If I have to change the configuration in the *.ioc-file I rename the "Middlewares"-folder without updating the references to "Middleware" for example. Then I change the configuration and save it. After everything was updated I change the folder name back to "Middlewares".

Hello @JensH​ 

Thank you for having reported.

I assume this is the exact same issue already reported to the development team and tracked by the Ticket 151040 and that will be fixed as soon as possible.

Thx

Ghofrane

@Ghofrane GSOURI Can you please provide a status update for these internal tickets (147368 & 151040)? We are still experiencing this problem with the latest version:

STM32CubeIDE v1.16.0 (Build: 21983_20240628_1741 (UTC))
STM32CubeMX v6.12.0-RC9 (Build: 20240628-1431 (UTC))