Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX: Project generation have problem

Prawit Korsri
Associate
Posted on May 23, 2018 at 12:53

Hello guy. 

I' upgrade my CubeMX software to V.4.25.1 every thing is clear no problem. But when we try to generate MDK project CubeMX show an project generate problem ( see in attach pic.) 

Please tellme how to fix it 

0690X0000060BDBQA2.png

Thank you

EDIT!!:: TrueStudio has the same problem.

#cubemx-4.25 #mdk-arm
33 REPLIES 33
GammaSigma
Associate III

Same here; like other users, I've tried everything to no avail. The strange aspect is that code generation for ARM-Keil under CubeMX works perfectly on my desktop PC, but it fails every time I try on my Surface2 laptop. The setup is identical for the two machines, even the folders are the same (i.e. they have the same name, with no diacritics or peculiar symbols). On the Surface 2 machine, code generation is successful for every IDE/toolchain with the exception of Keil uVision, which is exactly what I need to use for my university project. It would be a serious problem for me to not being able to work from my laptop.

Edit: reverting to CubeMX version 5.3 on the Surface2 PC solves the error during code generation, but then another issue appears: once Keil uVision is started, it cannot locate the board (the error message is something on the lines on "device not found"). Not very surprisingly, if I generate the exact same Keil code with CubeMX 5.5 installed on my desktop PC and then copy the folder on the Surface PC, Keil works perfectly!

I had the same issue with the '...project generation have a problem' when using CubeMX v5.4. Reverting CubeMX v5.2 resolved the error issue, but I experienced the same issue as you - a 'device not found' error when opening the project in Keil. Taking a look a the Keil .uvprojx file generated by CubeMX shows that the device parameter is blank!??? This is shown below in the snippet from the beginning of the .uvprojx file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><Project xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" noNamespaceSchemaLocation="project_projx.xsd">
   <SchemaVersion>2.1</SchemaVersion>
   <Header>### uVision Project, (C) Keil Software</Header>
   <Targets>
     <Target>
       <TargetName>blinky</TargetName>
       <ToolsetNumber>0x4</ToolsetNumber>
       <ToolsetName>ARM-ADS</ToolsetName>
       <pCCUsed>5060750::V5.06 update 6 (build 750)::ARMCC</pCCUsed>
       <uAC6>0</uAC6>
       <TargetOption>
         <TargetCommonOption>
           <Device/>
           <Vendor>STMicroelectronics</Vendor>
           <PackID>Keil.STM32F4xx_DFP.2.14.0</PackID>

After opening a support case and sending files back and forth, the support person asked me to send my java version (which was 13). I did some more searching and found the following user guide for CubeMX.

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00104712.pdf

The solution was in this document. Specifically, the following section states the java version requirements.

3.1.3 Software requirements

The Java Run Time Environment 1.8 must be installed.

Note that Java 9 and Java 10 are not supported and there is limited validation done with Java 11.

Note that I had version 13 installed. After uninstalling v13 and installing v1.8 x64, everything started working! After running 'Generate Code' in CubeMX, clicking the 'Open Project' button in CubeMX caused the project to successfully open in Keil, and the build of the project succeeded.

Kudos to ST support - they definitely helped to resolve this issue. Hope it helps someone out there. If it does, be sure to post your success so others with this issue will be pointed in the right direction.

I had the same issue with the '...project generation have a problem' when using CubeMX v5.4. Reverting CubeMX v5.2 resolved the error issue, but I experienced the same issue as you - a 'device not found' error when opening the project in Keil. Taking a look a the Keil .uvprojx file generated by CubeMX shows that the device parameter is blank!??? This is shown below in the snippet from the beginning of the .uvprojx file.

[Begin snippet from blinky.uvprojx]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><Project xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" noNamespaceSchemaLocation="project_projx.xsd">
  <SchemaVersion>2.1</SchemaVersion>
  <Header>### uVision Project, (C) Keil Software</Header>
  <Targets>
    <Target>
      <TargetName>blinky</TargetName>
      <ToolsetNumber>0x4</ToolsetNumber>
      <ToolsetName>ARM-ADS</ToolsetName>
      <pCCUsed>5060750::V5.06 update 6 (build 750)::ARMCC</pCCUsed>
      <uAC6>0</uAC6>
      <TargetOption>
        <TargetCommonOption>
          <Device/>
          <Vendor>STMicroelectronics</Vendor>
          <PackID>Keil.STM32F4xx_DFP.2.14.0</PackID>

After opening a support case and sending files back and forth, the support person asked me to send my java version (which was 13). I did some more searching and found the following user guide for CubeMX.

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00104712.pdf

The solution was in this document. Specifically, the following section states the java version requirements.

3.1.3 Software requirements

The Java Run Time Environment 1.8 must be installed.

Note that Java 9 and Java 10 are not supported and there is limited validation done with Java 11.

Note that I had version 13 installed. After uninstalling v13 and installing v1.8 x64, everything started working! After running 'Generate Code' in CubeMX, clicking the 'Open Project' button in CubeMX caused the project to successfully open in Keil, and the build of the project succeeded.

Kudos to ST support - they definitely helped to resolve this issue.

Hope it helps someone out there. If it does, be sure to post your success so others with this issue will be pointed in the right direction.

Thank you very much, you were absolutely correct! Uninstalling Java JRE 13 and installing Java JRE 8 solved all my problems: not only Keil does not show the error message any more, but now I can also go back to using CubeMX 5.5.0! Brilliant, thanks again!

hdinh.1
Associate

i have met this issue, i need the help to solve. thanks!

DCano.1
Associate

Thank you for the help.

For me the probelm was the project folder, the path to it had some cyrillic letters. I created new foler on the desktop and the problem was solved.

JJara.1
Associate

Hello, I had that problem and for me solution was uninstall Java and install Java JRE 8x64. I had Java x86 and when I updated Java downloading from this URL: https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-jre8-downloads.html, my problem was solved.

Thanks a lot for your help!!! I had the same issue and I also had jre8 installed but the problem was that I installed it after the installation of cubeMx so I erased jre8 and reinstalled it and now it's working fine.

SRavi.1
Associate

uninstall the java run time environments and all java compilers from control panel. Run stm cube mx it will ask for kjava run time click ok it will direct you to java runtime update website. down load and install the java se. open cube mx it will work.

Gulev.Borislav
Associate II

The folder names are simple. The problem remains.

Keil version 5.29.0.0

CubeMX 5.6.0

0693W000000UHUoQAO.png