cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX not generating code

estora
Associate

Hello all, 
I recently install CubeIDE and I want to do a blinky example on the User led for the nucleo-U545RE
I see that the GPIO for the USER LED is PA5 
So in cubeIDE, I open CubeMX, configure PA5 PIN TO GPIO_OUTPUT and try to generate the code by clicking on the button "Device configuration tool Code Generation", but nothing happens

2345.png

Can someone explain me why the generation is not working ? 
Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
ELABI.1
ST Employee

Hello @estora 

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Can you try to generate the new project from scrach following those steps:

• Open CubeIDE (Last Version 1.16.0 now) and select File > New > STM32 Project.
  • Select the board you are going to use (from the Board selector tab) and click on next.
  • Then, rename your project and click finish.
  • Configure your GPIO and Click on the "Device configuration tool Code Generation" button.

This should do the job.

Best Regards,

ELABI.1

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks @ELABI.1  for your response
I tried your procedure but it didn't work 

When i click on the button "Device configuration tool Code Generation"
There is a "window" that appear and disappear so fast that i can't see what's inside 
Maybe it can help you to find the issue 
Thanks for your help

Hello @estora 

I think that you are facing a network connection and login issues for that please refer to this FAQ How to set the network connection parameters for S... - STMicroelectronics Community and check your network connection. Please don't forgot also to be logged before generating the code.

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not ?

Thank you.

Best regards,

ELABI.1

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

This sounds very much like a problem we're now facing.

A colleague tried to make a few changes to his projects .ioc file. On saving, the tool should re-generate code but it now flashes a message box so briefly you can't read it, and fails to generate code. I videoed the screen and found what it says - nothing of any use I'm afraid...

Progress information

Device Configuration Tool Updating Code ...

I tried on a 1.14.1 install on my laptop, it was fine while I worked without network connection, so I was ruling that out. I enabled networking and loaded his project, now it fails.

I tried on another desktop PC, it also fails.

I tried several of my older projects on both laptop and desktop PCs, they also fail

I un-installed STM32CubeIDE and re-installed fresh from the web, no joy.

We can still build projects, just not make any low level changes via the IOC route.

No sooner had I typed the above when my colleague found that by logging in to ST in the IDE, his started downloading 1.18.? then worked. I did the same, it works for me. All a bit odd!