cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX file import disabled

SidPrice
Associate III

I am trying to use one of the STM32G examples for a USB device. The example is for STM32G474-EVAL and I would like to try it on Nucleo-G431KB.

Following the instructions I found I have created a new CubeMX project, I did NOT make any changes to the configuration, other than selecting not to set all GPIO to inputs.

Next, I went to import the example file, however, the import menu item is greyed out.

I am using CubeMX 6.8.1

Sid

6 REPLIES 6
Souhaib MAZHOUD
ST Employee

Hello @SidPrice 

First let me thank you for posting!

The import item is available when you start your project from MCU not board.

Try to select an MCU so you can import your example.

Thank you.

Souhaib

SidPrice
Associate III

Hello and thank you for the reply. This doesn't help when the only examples are board-based.

Sid

Bob S
Principal

Can you start with selecting your MCU and import the board-based project.  Then edit the board-specific portions of the project that are different on your board?  I think that is what @Souhaib MAZHOUD was suggesting.

SidPrice
Associate III

Hello @Bob S , that is what I did. Select the new MCU and then use the import feature. Problem is that menu item (import) is disabled.

Sid

Hello @SidPrice, did you solve this problem? I'm using CubeMX 6.10.0 and encountered the same issue.

Rene

@Reneb Sorry I did not, I had to give up and went another direction on my project,

Sid