cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX fails on every machine, ever windows install. Different reasons each time

Hthe .1
Associate II

My machine is a 13th gen intel k chip with 32gb of ram. I have gigabit internet up and down. I have 2 samsung 990 NVMe pros. It has an rtx4080 My machine is perfect. Your software is ... not.

I install windows 11 pro. I install CubeMX. After a minute of using it it decides to simply stop painting the screen anymore. Just like that. Bam! Unusable junk.

I install windows 11 pro (again). I install CubeMX (again). After choosing new project (any of the 4 ways available to me) it hangs. Just an hourglass spinning into the abyss for eternity, whether I'm signed in or not.

I'm starting to think ST can't hire people who can write reliable software. Why doesn't this work?

There's no excuse for it. This is why I use zephyr, because ST's software is hot wet garbage. Think I'm wrong? Prove it by making this work on my machine. I'm so tired of wasting my time with your junk.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I fixed the locking up problem by going and deleting the files it dropped in my Users\AppData folder. Along with the J2D_D3D workaround I am now able to develop on my desktop. Thanks folks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @Hthe .1 

I am sorry for the issue you are experiencing with CubeMX.

We are investigating these UI issue but they are hard to reproduce therefore not easy to fix.

In the post mentioned by @Oskar_H there are a comment talking about the fact that the graphic accelerator is causing these issue. And disactivating it resolve the problem

setx J2D_D3D false

Could you try to test it and give me your feedback. This will be a huge help for our teams to be able to identify the root cause.

KR,
Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Yes, I did that yesterday and that fixed *that* problem, (which you can reproduce using a modern NVidia GPU like a 3060 or 4080) I can guarantee you it will happen on any system with a 4080 in it.

Furthermore, this does not solve the problem on my primary development machine. It hangs indefinitely trying to open a new project. Just an hourglass forever, which is unfortunate. I am not going to do my projects on my laptop so if I cannot resolve the issue I will move back to zephyr project, which at least works.

I fixed the locking up problem by going and deleting the files it dropped in my Users\AppData folder. Along with the J2D_D3D workaround I am now able to develop on my desktop. Thanks folks.