cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeIDE : support for more than one cubeMx project

DaDude
Associate II

I actually have a Nucleo and a custom board. They are running same software and are very identical in terms of hardware but not identical: but there is at 2 pins that need to be changed and UART added: set baud rate, set NVIC IT. I also have to insert my IT handler once CUbeMX updated files (in stm32xxx_it.c)

I wonder if i could handle 2 differents layout (via ie a new target or a new board, as mentionned in CubeIDE), but i have no idea how to support this.

I guess i should have 2x .ioc files, and eventually a couple of scripts to start CubeMX generation and copy/paste the IT callback (although it coudl overwrite CubeMX generated file).

Any idea on how to do this ? Thank you !

3 REPLIES 3
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @DaDude​ 

Thanks for your post,

Do you mean that you want to debug 2 projects on the CubeIDE at the same time?

Khouloud

DaDude
Associate II

hello @Khouloud ZEMMELI​ 

No. I have a custom board and a nucleo. With the same codebase, i'm forced to change .IOC to match the hw layout (slightly different), everytime i'm switching from one to another.

I should be able to tweak this with a bunch of preprocessors #define #if but thus i'm forced to never regenerate code from cubemx if i want to keep theses changes.

DaDude
Associate II

Bump. No idea how to do this ? Am i the only one to work daily on Nucleo while targeting a not-that-easy-to-use board ? :p