cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeIDE 1.9.0 issue

tabekb
Associate III

0693W00000KboInQAJ.pngI am using STM32G070RBTX micro configured for ADC with DMA. My project works well configured with CubeIDE version 1.8.0. However after I updated to 1.9.0, the ADC Continuous Conversion Mode cannot be Enabled from CubeMX. It force to use Discontinuous mode, which cannot be Disabled!

Please see the attached picture.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @tabekb​ ,

First let me welcome you to the STM32 community and thank you for having reported 😊

Actually you're right, I was able also to reproduce the same misbehavior from my side.

Actually, an enhancement was done in the latest STM32CubeMX version which is the unavailability of Discontinuous Conversion Mode parameter when Scan Conversion Mode is disabled.

In fact, Discontinuous mode is used only if sequencer is enabled (parameter 'ScanConvMode'). If sequencer is disabled, this parameter is discarded.

I assume this modification is behind the regression.

With this being said, this is reported internally to be reviewed. I'll keep you posted with the updates.

Internal ticket number: 124049 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thanks for your contribution.

Even though this reply doesn’t directly solve the issue, I’m marking it as Best, since it will help clarify the current situation for other customers with the same question. I will post an update here once the issue has been fixed.

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @tabekb​ ,

First let me welcome you to the STM32 community and thank you for having reported 😊

Actually you're right, I was able also to reproduce the same misbehavior from my side.

Actually, an enhancement was done in the latest STM32CubeMX version which is the unavailability of Discontinuous Conversion Mode parameter when Scan Conversion Mode is disabled.

In fact, Discontinuous mode is used only if sequencer is enabled (parameter 'ScanConvMode'). If sequencer is disabled, this parameter is discarded.

I assume this modification is behind the regression.

With this being said, this is reported internally to be reviewed. I'll keep you posted with the updates.

Internal ticket number: 124049 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thanks for your contribution.

Even though this reply doesn’t directly solve the issue, I’m marking it as Best, since it will help clarify the current situation for other customers with the same question. I will post an update here once the issue has been fixed.

Khouloud.

D.Reisener
Associate

is there an scheduled time for fixing this bug?

eos1d3
Associate III

A major bug in Mar and still not fixed in July. This kills all MX and IDE programs altogether. What ST engineers are doing?

I downgraded to previous version, and my new project cannot import G030C8 project to G030F6. This is another bug in old version. So both versions are buggy as hell.