cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't uninstall STM32CubeMX so I can't install the thing because it says I must uninstall it first. The uninstall did not work well to satisfy the installer!

John Winters
Associate III

How can I clean this computer? Do I need to get a new one? Just because it had STM32CubeMX on it previously?

22 REPLIES 22
John Winters
Associate III

NT.USER.DAT? gosh, windows 10 is still NT?

CBald
Associate III

At this point I'd recommend restarting the computer just to be sure it isn't something in RAM. If that doesn't work, yeah probably start looking in the registry for any signs of STM there. Worst case create a new user on your PC and see if you can install it there if you need it installed ASAP for a customer project or something. Maybe an ST employee will chime in with extra debugging instructions, but that's all I got.

John Winters
Associate III

perhaps I need to buy a new computer now

John Winters
Associate III

so I searched and deleted any STM micro stuff. No dice. Must be some secret password thing? Registry clean of this stuff did not help.

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hello @John Winters​ ,

Could you please try with the cmd  for expl? I tested it and it works for me.

Open the cmd (run as administrator)

C:\windows\system32>java -jar "C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeMX-5.6.1\Uninstaller\uninstaller.jar"  (Note : C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeMX-5.6.1\ is my cubeMX installation path)

Follow steps then it will be uninstalled.

Best Regards,

Khouloud

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​@John Winters​  Also I have tried with the 2 other method and it works.

Make sure that all mx windows are closed first.

Best Regards,

Khouloud

​.stm32cubemx should be deleted also , so press yes for this step.

turboscrew
Senior III

You might want to try revo uninstaller for windows (also works in Linux Wine).

It might be helpful with other stubborn programs as well.

Already did.. no dice
John Winters
Associate III