cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get F746ZG Nucleo ethernet to work with the LwIP example on CubeIDE.

TOzca.1
Associate

I have a Nucleo F746ZG board with 8742A Phy. I am just trying to ping the device. I compiled and ran the LwIP example. The device IP doesn't show when looked at from the terminal (arp -a). JP6 and JP7 are on and the board is on stock configuration. On board, LEDs indicate that the link is connected, ethernet port LEDs are also working. What might be the problem with this issue?

17 REPLIES 17

Check the details against this:

https://github.com/stm32-hotspot/STM32H7-LwIP-Examples#readme

Also start learning with just one of Ethernet or USB, not both at once.

Hello @Piranha​ so now if I understand we doesn't need to change the Driver_PHY when it's generated by CubeMX ? I use LAN8720A as PHY ethernet controller.

Here are my PHY Configuration genrated :0693W00000YAoRrQAL.png

Of course your register and bits for link status are wrong... Read the topic and look at the numbers in the selected answer!

Thanks for your answer, I succeed to use the ethernet on my device, I use finally user PHY, with PHY address value 0 and I let the defaults settings for ohters parameters.

The topic author, me and even the ST employee have said that the default values in CubeMX are wrong. The best answer by the topic author himself and the post by ST employee shows the right values. How many more "reminders" do you need to finally notice the obvious that's written all around the place?

So for a LAN8720A PHY, I must choose the LAN8742A (same manufacturer so same constant values for registers) and put the rights values of this topic, it's right ?

If I understand all, these registers to configure are for auto-negotiation result, that's it ?

Yes and yes.

Thanks you for your help !