cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug report: code generation STM32L475 IOT board

PADAM.1
Associate III

When I want to use the X-CUBE-BLE1.5.0.0 on STM32CubeMX, the file "b_l475e_iot01a1_bus.h/c" is not generated. Thus the project cannot be compiled.

To reproduce:

• create new project on B-L475E-IOT01A board
  • option of Targeted Language: C++
  • Initialize all peripherals with their default Mode: YES
  • Additional Software: STMicroelectronics.X-CUBE_BLE1 (version 5.0.0):
    • Controller: checked,
    • HCI_TL: Basic
    • HCI_INTERFACE: USER_BOARD
    • Utils: Checked
  • Wireless BlueNRG-MS: checked
    • Exti Line: SPBTLE_RF_IRQ_EXTI6 [BT module_SPI_IRQ]
    • Bus IO driver: SPI3
    • CS line: SPBTLE_RF_SPI3_CSN [BT module_SPI_CS]
    • Reset line: SPBTLE_RF_RST

See attached file...

9 REPLIES 9
Silvio
ST Employee

Hi,

thanks for reporting this issue. It will be fixed.

As workaround, I can suggest you to:

• clear the MCU pinouts, before creating a project with BLE in CubeMX for the B-L475E-IOT01A1, and
  • set the Application Structure=Basic, before generating the code.

Please, see the attached .ioc file.

BR

Silvio

blacix
Associate II

Hello,

that workaround does not work for me, I also tried the ioc you attached.

Silvio
ST Employee

Hello,

what type of error you are facing?

What version of STM32CubeMX are you using?

Did you try to create your project from scratch?

BR

Silvio

blacix
Associate II

Hi Silvio,

I use Cube IDE ( from "About" page):

STM32CubeIDE Version: 1.3.1 Build: 6291_20200406_0752 (UTC)

STM32CubeMX 5.6.1.202004052303 com.st.stm32cube.common.feature.mx

I created the project from scratch as follows:

• new STM32 project
  • I select the board: b-l475e-iot01a
  • select c++, the rest is the default
  • FW package version: STM32Cube FW_L4 1.15.1
  • init peropherals with the default
  • finish

If i select X-CUBE-BL1 components, for version 5.0.0, it displays errors for Controller and HCI_TL saying, the components have unresolved dependencies, and no solution found. See attached picture.

0693W000000X73XQAS.png

If I select 4.4.0, it says this version is not compatible with the current version of cube mx. see attached pic.

0693W000000X73IQAS.png

No other version option is listed.

I configure the pins as in the first post.

When I want to build, I get the follwoing with both configs:

• #warning BLUENRG_CONFIG not valid
  • fatal error: b_l475e_iot01a1_bus.h: No such file or director

If I clear the pins as you suggested, it is all the same.

If I use your attached ioc, it is all the same.

I cannot change the app structure at code generation, it is disabled:

0693W000000X74LQAS.png

compile output:

arm-none-eabi-gcc "../Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/hci/controller/bluenrg_updater_aci.c" -mcpu=cortex-m4 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DDEBUG -DSTM32L475xx -c -I../Middlewares/ST/Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/includes -I../Middlewares/ST/Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/hci/hci_tl_patterns/Template -I../BlueNRG-MS/Target -I../Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/utils -I../Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/hci/hci_tl_patterns/Basic -I../Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/includes -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../Core/Inc -I../Drivers/BSP/CUSTOM -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32L4xx/Include -I../Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -MMD -MP -MF"Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/hci/controller/bluenrg_updater_aci.d" -MT"Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/hci/controller/bluenrg_updater_aci.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/hci/controller/bluenrg_updater_aci.o"
../Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/hci/controller/bluenrg_IFR.c:356:2: warning: #warning BLUENRG_CONFIG not valid [-Wcpp]
 #warning BLUENRG_CONFIG not valid
  ^~~~~~~
In file included from ../Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/hci/hci_tl_patterns/Basic/hci_tl.h:19:0,
                 from ../Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/includes/hci_const.h:14,
                 from ../Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/hci/controller/bluenrg_gap_aci.c:18:
../BlueNRG-MS/Target/hci_tl_interface.h:33:10: fatal error: b_l475e_iot01a1_bus.h: No such file or directory
 #include "b_l475e_iot01a1_bus.h"arm-none-eabi-gcc "../Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/hci/controller/bluenrg_updater_aci.c" -mcpu=cortex-m4 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DDEBUG -DSTM32L475xx -c -I../Middlewares/ST/Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/includes -I../Middlewares/ST/Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/hci/hci_tl_patterns/Template -I../BlueNRG-MS/Target -I../Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/utils -I../Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/hci/hci_tl_patterns/Basic -I../Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/includes -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../Core/Inc -I../Drivers/BSP/CUSTOM -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32L4xx/Include -I../Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -MMD -MP -MF"Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/hci/controller/bluenrg_updater_aci.d" -MT"Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/hci/controller/bluenrg_updater_aci.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/hci/controller/bluenrg_updater_aci.o"
../Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/hci/controller/bluenrg_IFR.c:356:2: warning: #warning BLUENRG_CONFIG not valid [-Wcpp]
 #warning BLUENRG_CONFIG not valid
  ^~~~~~~
In file included from ../Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/hci/hci_tl_patterns/Basic/hci_tl.h:19:0,
                 from ../Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/includes/hci_const.h:14,
                 from ../Middlewares/ST/BlueNRG-MS/hci/controller/bluenrg_gap_aci.c:18:
../BlueNRG-MS/Target/hci_tl_interface.h:33:10: fatal error: b_l475e_iot01a1_bus.h: No such file or directory
 #include "b_l475e_iot01a1_bus.h"

As far as I can recall, it worked well with x-cube-ble1 4.2.x

Silvio
ST Employee

Hi blacix,

you could directly use the latest STM32CubeMX v5.6.1 to configure the B-L475E-IOT01A1 and generate a project for the STM32CubeIDE.

BR

Silvio

blacix
Associate II

OK, thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Silvio
ST Employee

Hi,

you can for sure continue using STM32CubeIDE for your projects.

Clearly, the issue you faced will be fixed.

Thanks!

BR

Silvio

blacix
Associate II

If I use the standalone mx ( which is the same version as the one in IDE though ) It works, well, almost...

The generated b_l475e_iot01a1_bus.c cannot be compiled, because it cannot find the configured pins, which are defined in main.h

Inlcuding main.h in that file solves the issue, but it is still very annoying, since a generated file needs to be modified after any change made to the mx project.

I guess, that's the reason for your suggestion of clearing the pins.

I hope this is going to be resolved soon because I will have to work a lot with this board...

Thanks for your help, and thanks in advance!

PADAM.1
Associate III

Hi Silvio, blacix,

the problem of the not found "configured pins, which are defined in main.h" seems to be the same problem (or similar) as the one I reported in "BUG report on code generation STM32L476":

• If I rename the pins of the SPI (eg.: "BLE_SPI_MISO"), the project does not compile anymore, since the pin name is defined in main.h, but hci_tl_interface.c (and may be others?) do not include it.

May be this idea can help to find the solution...