cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An internal error occurred during: "Launching Src". java.lang.NullPointerException

DaveP
Associate II

This is using STMCube and an STM32F4-discovery with an STM32f429I

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Community member​ 

It seems that something have corrupt the original workspace.

Concerning the tutorials, I don't know which one you are referring to; but I advice you to give a look to this series.

Best regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ 

First let me thank you for posting and welcome you to the community.

Could you provide more detail about mentioned error:

• Which tool version you are using
  • The steps you made to get to this error
  • The .log file you can find under the workspace in the .metadata folder
  • Maybe try to import your project to a new workspace

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Semer,
Thank you for your response. I have actually gotten around the problem by removing all older versions of the IDE (1.5.1 and 1.11.0), installing the latest (1.11.2), and using a new workspace. Still not a clue as to why I could not, following the steps in the tutorials to create a workspace: identify the discovery board I am using (stm32f4-discovery) or the chip (stm32f429zi6tu), creating the code template, building a debug image, and trying to run the code resulted in the error message I referenced.
Any insight would be appreciated - I am in the process of learning to use the STM32 devices for a research project.
Best,
Dave

Hi @Community member​ 

It seems that something have corrupt the original workspace.

Concerning the tutorials, I don't know which one you are referring to; but I advice you to give a look to this series.

Best regards,

Semer.

Hi Semer,
That's a relief, then. I'll just press on with the software tools.
Thanks for the referral to the tutorial series. I am actually using that series. Early days but very useful.
Best regards,
Dave
PS: thank you for the support. I am impressed!
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​,

Could you please more details about the example you are using? Version of CubeIDE?

It is possible that this is due to a missing dependency or misconfiguration. Try to clean and rebuild the project. If this doesn't help, it could be due to this thread STM32CubeIDE - In-tool update issue! (Solved in 1.11.2)

DaveP
Associate II

I did do a clean and rebuild to no avail. I finally uninstalled the versions I had tried, 1.5 and 1.11, and installed 1.12 and the problem went away.

Thanks for the support,

Dave