cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP1 / STM32MP157C-DK2 project from scratch using STM32CubeIDE 1.8.0 - Please help!

PTiha
Senior

Hi!

My question is: how can I create a stm32mp1 project with STM32CubeIDE 1.8.0 from scratch?

I've browsed through the wiki pages, and I only came across examples where they import ready projects.

If I create a new project by choosing for example the stm32mp157c-dk2 card as target, the project is created without any problems.

I can modify and build the Cortex-M4 subproject without any problems.

I can also modify the .ioc file and regenerate the code.

I am able to build GTK and Qt userspace example programs in the Cortex-A7 subproject (I built the st-example-image-qtwayland image and the SDK).

So it all works.

What I can't do:

In CubeMX I select which IP belongs to which context. CubeMX generates the new device trees. How can I build .dtb's from these in CubeIDE?

The wiki page is not completely clear to me :

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_manage_OpenSTLinux_projects_in_STM32CubeIDE

I cannot follow the steps described here because the compilation stops with the following error:

*** Configuration file ".config" not found!
*** Please run some configurator (e.g. "make oldconfig" or
*** "make menuconfig" or "make xconfig").
/home/ptihanyi/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.8.0/stm32mp157c-dk2_test2/CA7/linux-5.10.61/linux-5.10.61/Makefile:689: include/config/auto.conf.cmd: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [/home/ptihanyi/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.8.0/stm32mp157c-dk2_test2/CA7/linux-5.10.61/linux-5.10.61/Makefile:698: .config] Error 1
make: *** [/home/ptihanyi/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.8.0/stm32mp157c-dk2_test2/CA7/linux-5.10.61/linux-5.10.61/Makefile:185: __sub-make] Error 2
"make stm32mp157c-stm32mp157c-dk2_test2-mx.dtb" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

So many things work, but I think a simple "Hello World"-like "walkthrough" with a complex project involving Cortex-M4 and Cortex-A7 and device tree would be a great help for everyone.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

0693W00000HoERYQA3.png

1 REPLY 1
LudovicR
ST Employee

Hello @PTiha​ ,

I understand you have been able to install Yocto SDK and use it building some user space applications.

In order to build imported OpenSTLinux projects I recommend you check the pre-requisite packages to be installed from https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/PC_prerequisites

Hope this help,

LudovicR