cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there be any toolchain updates?

DmRozhd
Associate III

Hi All,

today I have installed new STM32CubeIDE 1.8.0. Despite the current toolchain 9-2020-q2 is very old the new IDE does not update it. Will there be any GNU Tools for STM32 updates, or I should now use GNU Tools for ARM?

Regards,

Dmitry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That's strange. I did no extra steps. The toolchain was right there.0693W00000GZQyaQAH.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Is there something specific you're missing from later versions?

Hi Andrew,

at least full C++20 support.

Regards,

Dmitry

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

This thread suggests that C++ 20 is supported:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001EDsyiSAD/cubeide-180-and-c17-support

IDE v1.8.0 release:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001EDf2rSAD/stm32cubeide-180-released

mentions "GCC 10 available on Eclipse® p2 update site"

May I please have a link to step-by-step instructions how to reach "Eclipse p2 update site" and update the STM32 toolchain from it?

perhaps @mattias norlander​ (author of the release post) can help you there ...

or, maybe, @Stepan Martinek​ (author of the other post)

?

Maybe. But I think that it is a good idea to issue full documentation with the software so users do not have to navigate forums from the first day they use it. Especially to find out how to update it further.

Stepan Martinek
Associate III

HI,

I just did the full install because it is recommended by release notes. Then you need to install the 10.3 toolchain manually from within the IDE.

PS: Be aware that GCC 10.3 does not have full C++20 support. There are still some things missing (modules for example) and fully supported in GCC 11. But I would say 90% of C++20 is there.

Hi Stephan,

Thanks, but I have understood this already. My question is how should I do it? There is no new toolchain in the Toolchain Manager.

Regards,

Dmitry

That's strange. I did no extra steps. The toolchain was right there.0693W00000GZQyaQAH.png