cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Access

Hitesh
Associate III

When secure manager is installed, USB is not working. Can you share me the process to activate USB.

when secure manager is installed

12 REPLIES 12
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello @Hitesh ,

Could you please explain how you can see that USB is not working ?

USB is like any other peripheral, it should be accessible from your non secure application.

But the way you formulated your post, I'm not really sure this is your concern.

Best regards

Jocelyn

Hitesh
Associate III

Hi @Jocelyn RICARD,

Can you share me the process how to enable usb when secure manager is enabled.

Without secure manager am able to download elf file via USB DFU mode after that am able to detect the device as USB and i can send the commands and get response from the device.

But while am trying to do the same via securemanager installed am unable to do.
Can you please guide me

Just am trying to make the device to act as an USB device

Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello @Hitesh ,

I understand you developed a STM32H573 firmware that is implementing a USB DFU class that is working with the chip with TrustZone disabled.

Then you installed the Secure Manager.

When installing this Secure Manager you have a default non secure application that blinks LEDs on the board.

Then if you want to use your own application developed on STM32H5 without secure manager you need to:

1- Adapt the linker file to build this application in the right location of the flash. You can use the linker file provided in the SMAK example application

2- Make sure you don't change the VTOR value in your application so that vector table is at the right place

3- Use your IDE or a STM32CubeProgrammer to download this application on the target through JTAG/SWD

You can also go through the Wiki pages dedicated to STM32H5 here

Best regards

Jocelyn

Hitesh
Associate III

Hello @Jocelyn RICARD
When I tried to install my application through Cube Programmer, am able to install the application but it is not coming out of USB DFU mode after installation.

Do we need to sign the application, or anything am missing. Can you please let me know.

Thanks.

Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello Hitesh,

Secure Manager does not require your application to be signed as long as you work in TZ_CLOSE state.

This state means you are in application development mode, and you can download application using the debugger without having to deal with signature.

Then if you want to close the device, you will need to flash the signed application.

Best regards

Jocelyn

Hitesh
Associate III

Hello @Jocelyn RICARD ,

Yes but when am trying to install an elf file with programmer after secure manager installed. The application is not getting installed and staying in USB DFU mode, can you share me the process. If you are available i will share my screen about the issue.

Thanks.

Hitesh
Associate III

@Jocelyn RICARD  Kindly check this log

Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello Hitesh,

your log show that you downloaded your application at the right address.

Can you debug it ?

I don't catch your point about DFU. Is your application supposed to initialize USB with DFU class?

Jocelyn

Hitesh_Aratek
Associate III

Actually my application should detect as an USB device. After detecting as USB, then we will send some USB commands to send and receive data from the USB device. As per now i enabled USB MSC. With the same config am able to detect my module as an USB device but when installing secure manager it is staying in USB DFU mode.