cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ThreadX thread and queue names not displayed properly in CubeIDE 1.15.0 debugger (STM32H5)

New workspace

New STM32 project 

Board Selector Nucleo-144 STM32H5 NUCLEO-H563ZI

Take the defaults

Set the tick to TIM6

Pinout & Configuration - Middleware and Software Packs - THREADX

Generate App Init Code - check

Save everything, compile, debug, put a breakpoint on the opening curly in tx_app_thread_entry (app_threadx.c).

Run and reach the breakpoint.

Window - Show View - ThreadX - ThreadX Thread List

Notice how the names are just the first character of the name strings.

This happens on queues as well. I suspect semaphores and mutexs will be the same.

This worked properly in a previous version of CubeIDE on STM32L4 if that matters.

Full cube project attached.

11 REPLIES 11
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @Andrei Chichak,

Thank you for your valuable inputs

I created an internal ticket to track the issue ( Internal ticket number: 178581)   

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Yes, I checked a previous project, using a L452 processor, that had the proper names previously and it is now broken.

Also, the names of semaphores, byte pools, message queues, mutexes, event flags, and threads are all truncated.

So, it looks like it is an issue with 1.15.0.

Andrei

ron239955_stm1
Associate III

Just as a data point, I'm also encountering this on 1.15.1, on my H743 project. I'm happy to hear that it's not just me!

Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @ron239955_stm1

Could you give us more details on your environment?

Have you updated the 1.15.1 or installed it from the installation package?

Also, could you provide your log file (console) when this issue happens 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@Sarra.S the DM system is really badly designed and ... well here is a compressed file with the console log that you were asking for.

Souhaib MAZHOUD
ST Employee

Hello @Andrei Chichak ,

Could you please attach the debug log file so that we can further investigate the issue.
You can find it under the Debug folder after enabling 'log to file' in the Debug configuration as illustrated in the screenshot below:

SouhaibMAZHOUD_1-1717510871588.png

Thank you,

Souhaib

And as I look back through this thread I think there is some information missing, I'm on a 15" 2019 (intel) Macbook Pro (MacOS 14.5). I got triggered to this by the weird backslashes in your file path.

@ron239955_stm1 Are you using a Mac, or are you on Windows or Linux?

I'm on Mac as well (M3 MacBook Pro, MacOS 14.5)