cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMCube IDE does not log in to myST

Hi,

I cannot login to myST. When I press myST|login nothing happens, no window with prompt for credentials appears.

Because of that I cannot manage and download firmware packs. Code generation does ton work. Generated project is incomplete and cannot be build.

STMCubeIDE version: 1.16.0.

Regards,

Piotr Romaniuk

13 REPLIES 13

@Piotr Romaniuk Windows 7 is not a supported OS for CubeIDE anyway (per the installation guide).

Microsoft's Edge browser on Win10/11 is compatible with Chrome,  it should just work.

Linux is, as always, an exciting land of freedom. Everyone can choose freedom or productivity))

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for additional clarification. 
I hope that:

- 'should just work' means 'will just work',

- 'or' is in the logic sense, so it can be achieved both 'freedom and productivity'. Otherwise it looks like accusation that Linux is not productive.

By the way, do you know what is the rationale for this trend - creating applications in HTML+CSS+JavaScript ? I see this not only in the ST environment.

Regards,

Piotr Romaniuk

Yes, Edge just works, at least on Windows. (the modern Edge based on Chromium, not the ancient Microsoft's one named Spartan).

Hello,

"3. Point to the manually downloaded zip file, then accept the license and install it"

Indeed it can be done manually without log in into myST in stm32cubeIDE, here is the instruction:

1. log in to myST in web browser (outside Stm32cubeIDE)
  2. download ZIP file (e.g. en.stm32cubef0.zip) with needed version
  3. find repository folder in local filesystem (e.g. c:\ST\STM32Cube\Repository)
  4. unzip firmware into that folder to have: c:\ST\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F0_V1.11.0
  5. in stand alone CubeMx or in Mx perspective in Stm32cubeIDE create new STM32 project
  6. if you downloaded older version it will fail with message that it cannot generate the files due to firmware missing
  7. On Project Manager tab select Project from left side menu. 
  8. On bottom part of the page uncheck 'Use latest available version'
  9. select from drop down list version that was installed [4]
  10. save in IDE to generate sources.

Regards,

Piotr Romaniuk