cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMCUBE IDE can we use two debug window at time?

MDeva.1
Associate II

Hello,

I am using the NUCLEO-h745ziq board. I am using two board for SPI loopbacking.One board as master and one board as SLAVE. Can we use the two debug window at time. Because I launch the one stmcubeIDE window 1.5.1 and another from stmcubeide 1.6.1 because i have only one drive C. When i debugging the two board, one board debugging ic completed when i try to debug second borad i get the error of GDB server failed. I am unable to undestand why it is shown .Becuase my two board independantly working when i debug it one by one.Can someone please helpme?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @MDeva.1​,

Yes debugging programs with two or multiple boards is possible within STM32CubeIDE.

It can be realized using two ST-LINK or SEGGER J-Link probes at the same time. Please ensure that you are not using the same port number for both projects selected in the Debugger tab in the Debug Configurations dialog.

I recommend you to following the 3.6.3 section "Debug multiple boards" of the UM2609 STM32CubeIDE user guide.

Chahinez.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kraal
Senior III

Hi,

I believe the issue is that both GDB servers are using the same port (usually it is port 61234). You should try to change the "Debug configuration" -> "Debugger" -> "GDB port" for one of the 2 IDE instances (I'm not using CubeIDE, so I can't help precisely here), and maybe also specify the ST-Link serial number to use for each debug instance, so the IDE knows which debugger to use.

See the picture below for Atollic:

0693W00000D144VQAR.png

ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @MDeva.1​,

Yes debugging programs with two or multiple boards is possible within STM32CubeIDE.

It can be realized using two ST-LINK or SEGGER J-Link probes at the same time. Please ensure that you are not using the same port number for both projects selected in the Debugger tab in the Debug Configurations dialog.

I recommend you to following the 3.6.3 section "Debug multiple boards" of the UM2609 STM32CubeIDE user guide.

Chahinez.

Don't forget to change the ports on your RTOS Kernel Awareness and Serial Wire Viewer if you're using them.

StevenF_0-1722451619699.png