cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 Bluetooth examples problem

s_erno
Associate

Dear ST!

We recently bought 2 Nucleo WB55RG boards for Bluetooth host/server purposes. Downloaded the p2p host and server BLE example projects from the STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.17.0 pack, directly from that repository the applications work flawlessly. I'd like to create a copy/clone of these 2 projects in the CubeIDE so that we don't edit the original ones. I tried Importing them with the import "Existing Projects into Workspace" option, and with the copy to workspace flag enabled. Project appears in the workspace but can't be built, exits with error message: 

make: *** No rule to make target 'D:/Utilities/lpm/tiny_lpm/stm32_lpm.c'

Copied project is in the D:\STM32CubeIDE\workspace_1.13.2\BLE_p2pServer directory. From this it seems like the make/build path is wrong, I'm very new to ST software/hardware and can't find a way to change the make path. Could you please help with this?

2 REPLIES 2
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Welcome @s_erno to ST Community, 

Check if the file 'stm32_lpm.c' is in the path 'D:/Utilities/lpm/tiny_lpm/' 

* If it exists in the correct path, you can try to update the project settings to include it,

To do this, right-click on the project in the Project Explorer and select Properties. In the Properties window, select C/C++ Build > Settings. In the Tool Settings tab, select the MCU GCC Compiler > Includes paths. In the Includes section, add the path 'D:/Utilities/lpm/tiny_lpm/' to the list. 

* if it does not exist, you may want to re-download it from the STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.17.0 and place it in the correct path.

Hope that helps!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Dear Sarra!

Thank you for the help. Had to modify the paths at both the section you mentioned and at the Resource/Linked Resources section, as the files location were relative to the FW_WB repo location. Project now build and works perfectly. Is there a way to make this a bit easier for the next time I'd like to import an existing project to the workspace? (Something like a "copy all included/linked resources to workspace directory" flag?)

Thank you again.