cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect NUCLEO-L476RG board using BLE to a phone that has ST BLE Scanner?

APate.20
Associate II

I have a NUCLEO-L476RG board and am trying to write basic functionality to connect my board's Bluetooth module and have it show up on the ST BLE Scanner that I have on my iPhone. I've downloaded the BLE Expansion pack and I think correctly added it to my CUBEIDE. I've been trying to run some of the ST examples like "BLE Beacon" however, none of them have shown up on the ST Scanner. I haven't found much documentation on this board specifically and using it's BLE capabilities.

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @APate.20 and welcome to the Community 🙂

Which Module BLE are you using?

You can review the x-nucleo-idb05a2_quick_start_guide.pdf which contains Implementation examples for the Bluetooth board (X-NUCLEO-IDB05A2) plugged on Nucleo-L476RG board.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Rim LANDOLSI
ST Employee

Hello @APate.20​ ,

Thank you for posting !

Could you, please, provide some screenshots on how do you have installed the Expansion pack.

Thanks,

Rim

Hi!

Thank you for the information, we decided to switch to the b-l4s5i-iot01a board since it has Bluetooth embedded in it. We were not aware that the nucleo boards required a BLE Module.

Hi!

I installed it a couple of weeks ago and made some new example projects, I'm not sure how to show how I installed the expansion pack or how to access that page again.

Hi @APate.20​ ,

You can use B-L4S5I-IOT01A or B-L475E-IOT01A board with Bluetooth module.

You will find ready-to-use application in the STM32CubeL4 MCU package, that will help you to start your project:

\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.17.2\Projects\B-L475E-IOT01A\Applications\BLE\

Please have a look at this tutorial shows how to program and use the Bluetooth interface to perform data communication between the STM32L4 Discovery kit IoT node (B-L475E-IOT01A) and an Android application running on a mobile device:

STM32StepByStep:Step5 Build an IOT system.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen