cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32cubeIDE SWV trace autostop

Jiaming
Associate III

Hello,

I am new on STM32CubeIDE. I try to use SWV to trace some parameters from Nucleo-H743ZI2. At the beginning, everything is ok. I can see the data in the trace window. But the trace will automatically stop after a certain duration. The board is still running, as I can see the LED still blinking. I am thinking if there is any limitation on the trace duration or data size? 

Can anyone give me some guide where I should check? Thank you.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

There was a regression in STLink fw V3J13 for SWV.

So, check your Fw version and update to V3J14.

Rgds,

Laurent

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Jiaming 

I suggest you increase the Trace buffer size under Window >Preferences >STM32Cube >Serial Wire Viewer.

Best Regards.

STTWo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @STTwo-32,

I increased the buffer size in the Serial Wire Viewer, from 2,000,000 to 20,000,000, but the trace still stopped at the exact same time as before, at 73.5s

It seems something limited the trace to continue...Is it because the target does not have enough memory? After the SWV trace stopped, i can see the value in the upper right "Live Expressions" is still updating. 

2.PNG

1.PNG

3.PNG

BR,

JN

Hello,

There was a regression in STLink fw V3J13 for SWV.

So, check your Fw version and update to V3J14.

Rgds,

Laurent

Hi Laurent,

You are exactly correct! Once I updated the STLink FW from V3J13 to V3J14, it works immediately and no stop anymore!

One more question: 

How to trace the GPIO pin status in the SWV window? Now I can only type the whole GPIO ODR address. But if there are more than 1 pin active, then the output in the trace will be very strange. Can I use, e.g. PORTB.0 to trace the Pin 0 of Port B?

2.PNG

3.PNG

Thank you in advance.

BR,

JN