cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“STM32CubeIDE�? is damaged and can’t be opened

VBiri.1369
Associate

Hi!

I am trying to install the IDE on my macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), after completing the installation when trying to open it it gives the message: ' “STM32CubeIDE�? is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash. '

I tried to re-download it and re-install it several times, after deleting the previous copies, but after many attempts I get the same problem. I even tried installing the previous version but it said it was incompatible.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

19 REPLIES 19
Chet Ferry
Associate II

So.... Any plans to fix this? Version 1.5 on MacOs Catalina still requires doing the command line thing as pointed out by Julien D.

0xD
Associate II

It does not seem like ST cares at all about this issue. Very disappointing.

Javier Bascones
Associate

The application will work with the following command:

xattr -cr /Applications/STM32CubeIDE.app

RSaty.1
Associate

It is still the same with 1.5.1 on BigSur as well.

Chet Ferry
Associate II

MacOs Mojave, STM32CubeIDE version 1.6. Still broken and my OS tells me I should send it to the trash. ST please devote a few resources to fixing this. As others have said, just say no to sending it to the trash and run xattr -c /Applications/STM32CubeIDE.app at the command line.

FM.1
Associate III

On my macOS Mojave (10.14.6) I still fail to start the stm32cubeide 1.6.0 even after following the advice on xattr -c, xattr -cr, xattr -d etc. However I succeed to start it from the command line as follows:

/Applications/stm32cubeide.app/Contents/MacOS/stm32cubeide &

Maybe due to the file system being case sensitive? Changing the name of stm32cubeide to STM32CubeIDE (or STM32CubeIDE.app to stm32cubeide.app) does not address the issue: then it fails to find its companion shared libraries. Also modifying the Info.plist does not get you further.

The same issue with CubeMX; start it as follows:

/Applications/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeMX.app/Contents/MacOs/STM32CubeMX &

Chet Ferry
Associate II

STM32IDE Version 1.61 MacOs BigSur 11.2.3, Still broken. Still need to run the command below so MacOs does not try to help you and move it to the trash.

xattr -c /Applications/STM32CubeIDE.app

Chet Ferry
Associate II

So... its been 6 months since I complained on this forum. macOS Big Sur version 11.6.1. STM32CubeIDE version 1.7 still broken. Does anyone from ST read these posts???? We now have a .dmg file that make the experience a bit better. So thanks ST for doing that. How much effort could it be to make your app so that MacOs security does not attempt to throw it in the trash? Anybody listening??

Nello
Associate II

2 years later, this bug is still there. Pathetic.

ZSvet.1
Associate II

Report at Ventura and clean CubeIDE v1.13.1 .... issue still present.

Still solved by: 

xattr -c /Applications/STM32CubeIDE.app

Such an ignorance :D