cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIde Failed to start GDB Server on STM32F103C8

Mauri
Associate II

hello,

I have the same problem posted by H.Ahmed on October 2022, read also in other posts:

"Failed to start GDB Server Error Initializing ST-LINK device

Reason (18) Could not verify ST device!"

I tried all suggestions found on web, but no help.

I'm using STM32CubeIde 1.14.1,  ST-Link V2  (updated)

Connection is very simple and should be OK, because if i program the device wth ST-Link Utility

or with STM32CubeProgrammer, all works fine.

I tried with CubeIde 1.8.0 as suggested in another post, but no luck.

Even older projects who i made some years ago, now have the same problem.

I read also on a post that someone from ST apologizes for this problem who is an older

bug reappeared now.

Hope there is a solution, because it would be very frustrating if i'm constrained

to change an IDE who i love, and if i'm unable to mantain older projects.

Thanks in advance

elvisee

12 REPLIES 12

Hello @Mauri 

To have the most probable device marking for each product. Check the product Package then refer to the TN1433 for verification.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

>Is the difference the ST LOGO on the bottom?

Would you buy a Porsche , but no Porsche logo anywhere on the car ??

So, yes, no logo = anybody building this and "promising", some XXxxx chip is inside. Maybe ok - or not.

But even with some logo, still could be a copy . To know for 100% its genuine, buy direct from manufacturer (or its distributors) or do a test procedure with the chip, that proves its exactly what is written on it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
TDK
Guru

The best way to get a genuine part is via a reputable distributor.

Not to mention you're unlikely to get a genuine part on a counterfeit programmer, regardless of marking, as reputable distributors don't sell knockoff boards.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".