cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE 'Could not determine GDB version using command: arm-none-eabi-gdb --version'

scotthud
Associate

Hello,

I am using STM32CubeIDE Version: 1.15.1 Build: 21094_20240412_1041 (UTC). I am using windows 10 Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.4412).

I have recently started receiving this error message when launching the debugger "Could not determine GDB version using command: arm-none-eabi-gdb --version". I'm not sure what changed from one day to the next where I started getting this message and I've asked my IT department if anything changed on our side but it doesn't seem that was the case. Has anyone else started getting this error, or figured out a way to resolve it?

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Adriano Melis
Associate III

Same here. It seems that Cube can not keep the default toolchain info.

Adriano Melis
Associate III

"Could not determine GDB version using command: arm-none-eabi-gdb --version"

STM32CubeIDE

Version: 1.12.0
Build: 14980_20230301_1550 (UTC)

(C) 2023 STMicroelectronics ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

I tried a fresh install, no updates.

Was working fine until some weeks ago.

Adriano Melis
Associate III

Hello again.

I installed

Version: 1.13.2

Build: 18220_20230914_1601 (UTC)

because my projects were build using this version.

The error happens starting the second debugging session: the first session after starting STM32CUbe IDE is always successful.

This is the error window:

gdb error windowgdb error window

I tried forcing the path for the tools, the problem persists:

Screenshot 2024-07-11 09.56.03.png

I am still having this problem off and on. The only insight I have into it is that I think it might be because of the security software that we run on our PC's as well blocking the call to the command prompt when the gdb server is launching. I disabled our security software which made the gdb_server work again. I'd look into that angle if you haven't already.