cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE broke after update v1.11.0!

F F
Associate II

I just migrated to the latest v1.11 of STM32CubeIDE.

I was able to update successfully to the latest version, but now my environment is broken!

Issues I see now:

• Build an stack analyzer gives the following output:

Could not create the view: com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.stackanalyzer.stackanalyzer.view

• Unable to open the dedicated .ioc file:

Gives an NullPointerException

Also I'm unable to restore my environment downloading the latest installer file. The website is having issues and I'm unable to login / download content disappears after login.

Please ST help me with an urgent workaround!

EDIT: Website back online, "solved" by using the installer of v1.11. Please fix this ST!

Regards,

21 REPLIES 21
F F
Associate II

This cost me several hours (since I was also not able to reinstall my IDE). Not so happy with it.

Issue "solved" by installing the installer from the website (when it was up again).

The situation sounds very familiar, but in my case it was resolved by reinstalling.

After uninstalling previous version, did you also deleted installation folder? (if not mistaken on windows it was c:\st\*cubeide*, on other systems im not sure how it works) it might help.

On a Mac there isn't an installation folder as such; an app, such as the STM32CubeIDE.app, is essentially the folder, packaged up and shown at the top level as if it were just one file (though you can dig into its "Contents" if you wish). When trashing the app file, the whole thing goes.

APagl
Associate II

Update which I sent to support:

Thanks for all the info.

I'll catch you up with my latest attempts to fix things, which I believe is good news.

Okay, the latest....

I went back to a Time Machine backup from Dec. 6, a couple of days before I updated from 1.10 to 1.11. When I relaunched STM32CubeIDE, I had just about everything. It seemed that my build configs and such were back. Colors were iffy. And oddly the Outline view did not work. I tried restarting and this time, I had an Outline and after some more poking around, my customized colors were also back.

It may be that the only thing left is that in the Error Log view, i get what's below (which are only warnings, were probably there all along, and are likely related to the repositories' not using https).

So, I may be back to working again, but I am only on 1.10 and I am now very wary of upgrading, since I can't know what caused the chaos in the first place.

ERROR LOG WINDOW:

org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository

Using unsafe http transport to retrieve http://anb0s.github.io/eclox/doxygen, see CVE-2021-41033. Consider using https instead.

Using unsafe http transport to retrieve http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates/content.xml.xz, see CVE-2021-41033. Consider using https instead.

Using unsafe http transport to retrieve http://anb0s.github.io/eclox, see CVE-2021-41033. Consider using https instead.

Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Copy-pasted from another thread:

Hello there!

I'm fairly certain that you are facing the new issue that my colleague Mattias is mentioning in this thread:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001zeSZcSAM/stm32cubeide-intool-update-issue

It might work if you remove CDT from the available software sites:

0693W00000WKsYFQA1.png 

We are currently investigating this issue further!

DD
Associate II

Hi there,

waiting for an ST solution, I was able to recover the issue by reverting the following references in the file ..\STM32CubeIDE\configuration\org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator\bundles.info:

• org.eclipse.launchbar.core,2.5.0.202211062329,plugins/org.eclipse.launchbar.core_2.5.0.202211062329.jar,4,false
  • org.eclipse.launchbar.ui,2.5.0.202211062329,plugins/org.eclipse.launchbar.ui_2.5.0.202211062329.jar,4,false
  • org.eclipse.tools.templates.core,1.3.0.202211062329,plugins/org.eclipse.tools.templates.core_1.3.0.202211062329.jar,4,false
  • org.eclipse.tools.templates.ui,1.4.0.202211062329,plugins/org.eclipse.tools.templates.ui_1.4.0.202211062329.jar,4,false
  • org.eclipse.tools.templates.freemarker,1.3.0.202211062329,plugins/org.eclipse.tools.templates.freemarker_1.3.0.202211062329.jar,4,false

to the original references:

• org.eclipse.launchbar.core,2.4.200.202106071539,plugins/org.eclipse.launchbar.core_2.4.200.202106071539.jar,4,false
  • org.eclipse.launchbar.ui,2.4.400.202201122357,plugins/org.eclipse.launchbar.ui_2.4.400.202201122357.jar,4,false
  • org.eclipse.tools.templates.core,1.2.0.202008310315,plugins/org.eclipse.tools.templates.core_1.2.0.202008310315.jar,4,false
  • org.eclipse.tools.templates.ui,1.3.0.202110311121,plugins/org.eclipse.tools.templates.ui_1.3.0.202110311121.jar,4,false
  • org.eclipse.tools.templates.freemarker,1.2.200.202110311121,plugins/org.eclipse.tools.templates.freemarker_1.2.200.202110311121.jar,4,false

I highly recommend making a copy of the file before changing it to be sure you can restore it if you make a mistake

In my case the change was generated during the upgrade to v.1.11.0 by the update of Wittestein StateViewer plugin, but it is possible that the update of other plugins would do the same.

Hello users,

i can confirm this behavior.

Some days ago, maybe a week, on my desktop, i did a "parallel" fresh install of 1.11.0, to an existing 1.10.x. Then i added 2 older toolchains, and this worked.

Last Thursday, i tried to do the same on my Laptop. Fresh install of 1.11.0, this works. After adding older toolchains, errors like described. Removing 1.11.0, then upgrading the existing 1.10.x (already with the two older toolchains) on that Laptop to 1.11.0, IDE is broken. So no more working IDE on the Laptop.

Then removing all STM32CubeIDE´s and folders, and getting (just copying) the whole installation directory from my Desktop to the Laptop, same folders, same workspace directories, and that worked for me.

So my assumption is, that something is wrong with the installation sources in the web (now). Because before one week or so the process was working, at least for me..

DNiko.1
Associate II

I've got same issue and I tried anything ... but it didn't help.

Then uninstalled it and did a fresh new install so all works again

Another installation of CubeIDE on another computer just "died". I didn't update CubeIDE, but it seems that system update (OS) broke something. Again some weird Java errors are reported, not sure if related to this topic. CubeIDE now doesn't start at all.

I'm running out of working CubeIDE installations and cannot work anymore....

Can someone please help us ?

Regards.

!SESSION 2022-12-19 09:37:41.180 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=Version 1.10.1
java.version=11.0.14.1
java.vendor=Eclipse Adoptium
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=sl_SI
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2022-12-19 09:37:47.449
!MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.core.resources (1148).
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.core.resources.ResourcesPlugin.start() of bundle org.eclipse.core.resources.
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:834)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:762)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.startWorker0(EquinoxBundle.java:1032)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$EquinoxModule.startWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:371)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStart(Module.java:605)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:468)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:513)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.hooks.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:117)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:570)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.findLocalClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:335)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:397)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.sources.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:41)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass0(BundleLoader.java:484)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:416)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:168)
	at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:153)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:136)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:659)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:596)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1467)
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Incompatible file format. Workspace was saved with an incompatible version: 0.
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.WorkspaceTreeReader.getReader(WorkspaceTreeReader.java:62)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.WorkspaceTreeReader.getReader(WorkspaceTreeReader.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.restoreTree(SaveManager.java:1038)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.restore(SaveManager.java:708)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.startup(SaveManager.java:1555)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.startup(Workspace.java:2482)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.open(Workspace.java:2233)
	at org.eclipse.core.resources.ResourcesPlugin.start(ResourcesPlugin.java:475)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:813)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:805)
	... 28 more
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Incompatible file format. Workspace was saved with an incompatible version: 0.
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException.provideStackTrace(ResourceException.java:42)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException.<init>(ResourceException.java:38)
	... 40 more

I've got around this one by defining fresh new workspace.