cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0 on Catalina MacOS fails to build

kayuk
Associate II

Hi,

I couldn't find anyone else having the same problem as me with STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0 on Catalina MacOS.

Before the upgrade to 1.14.0 all my projects were building fine. After the upgrade to 1.14.0 (or fresh install) all of them fail to build with the message:

13:30:43 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project test2 ****
make -j7 all
"make -j7 all" terminated with exit code -1. Build might be incomplete.

13:30:43 Build Finished. 0 errors, 0 warnings. (took 110ms)

make clean fails the same way:

13:37:50 **** Clean-only build of configuration Debug for project test2 ****
make -j7 clean
"make -j7 clean" terminated with exit code -1. Build might be incomplete.

13:37:50 Build Finished. 0 errors, 0 warnings. (took 177ms)

Removing parallel build option makes no difference:

13:38:55 **** Clean-only build of configuration Debug for project test2 ****
make clean
"make clean" terminated with exit code -1. Build might be incomplete.

13:38:55 Build Finished. 0 errors, 0 warnings. (took 119ms)

To make sure that not my projects are the cause I created a new minimal project in 1.14.0 and it fails with the same error. The build results above are actuall for this minimal test project.

Both 1.13.2 and 1.14.0 are configured to use the same Toolchain - 11.3.rel1. In 1.13.2 builds are fine.

I know that Catalina is not officially supported by recent STM32CubeIDE versions but it has been like this for several previous versions but they still worked.

Any one esle on Catalina who upgraded to 1.14.0 and not having this build issue?

6 REPLIES 6
kayuk
Associate II

I don't know if it is relevant but in both 1.13.2 on Catalina and in 1.14.0 on Windows in Projects 'Properties->C/C++ Build' I have 'Tool Chain Editor' subsection but it is missing in 1.14.0 on Catalina.

1.14.0 on Catalina:

image.png

1.13.2 on Catalina:

kayuk_0-1702060753038.png

kayuk
Associate II

Did a fresh install on another mac with Catalina which never had anything STM32 related installed and the result is exactly the same. I take it that newer STM32CubeIDE versions won't work on Catalina any more.

Anyone with newer macos and not having or having the same problem?

Rim LANDOLSI
ST Employee

Hello @kayuk  and welcome to the community,

According to the release note of STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0, the required  macOs systems are Monterey and Ventura as shown in the screenshot

RimLANDOLSI_0-1702551629725.png

Thanks,

Rim

kayuk
Associate II

I know that, and I stated it the first post. But that macos requirements were there for 1.13.2 yet it was working fine.

Anyone on Monterey and not having the same build issue with 1.14.0 ?

kayuk
Associate II

Had a chance to test on Ventura and it worked fine on it. So sadly no more newer STM32CubeIDE on Catalina.

I have the exact same problem.