cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Code to Drive a 24-bit RGB Display with LTDC on STM32H753

smj-11
Visitor

Hello STM32 Community,

I am working on a project that involves interfacing a 24-bit RGB display using the LTDC (LCD-TFT Display Controller) with an STM32H753 microcontroller. Despite going through the reference manual and various resources, I am finding it challenging to get the display up and running.

Could anyone share sample code or a detailed guide to properly configure the LTDC peripheral and drive a 24-bit RGB display? Specifically, I am looking for help with:

1. CubeMX Configuration: Setting up the LTDC and clock configuration in STM32CubeMX.
  2. Initialization Code: Proper initialization of the LTDC and associated GPIOs in the firmware.
  3. Framebuffer Management: How to set up and manage the framebuffer for displaying images or graphics.
  4. Timing Parameters: Guidance on setting the correct HSYNC, VSYNC, DE, and PCLK timings for a typical 24-bit RGB display.

Any examples, tutorials, or advice from your experience would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @smj-11 and welcome to the Community 🙂,

I advise you to take a look at AN4861 application note and precisely 7.2 Example: creating a basic graphical application. This section provides an example based on the STM32F746G-DISCO board, describing the steps required to create a basic graphic application using STM32CubeMx. The desired display panel display.

•  display resolution: 480 x 272 pixels with LED backlight and capacitive touch panel
  •  display interface: 24-bit RGB888 (in total 28 signals)

I recommend you to get inspired from this example to create your own project using STM32H753.

I hope this help you.

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Perhaps look at STM32H7x3-EVAL(2) boards, those were primarily parallel, not DSI, so should be good examples.

LTDC just funnels to DSIHOST, in those cases, but the frame, rastering, speed was typically nearly identical, and DSI just needs to be at least as fast to funnel into serial stream/lanes.

Timing Parameters, got to read the DISPLAY'S manual data sheet to understand it's expectations and limits.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..