cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No rule to make target '[...]/Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/portable/MemMang/heap_4.c'

SPaul.5
Associate II

Hi,

I am working on STEVAL-STWINKT1B and I'm trying to run one with the three sample projects provided with the firmware package STSW-STWINKT01 but I am having troubles when building the project Serial_DataLog. The error " No rule to make target '[...]/Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/portable/MemMang/heap_4.c' " keeps occuring when building even after cleaning the project. A similar error also appears when I try to build the two other projects but with a different target.

I would like to know how to solve this error.

0693W00000aIUOmQAO.pngThanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Wijeden RHIMI
ST Employee

Hello @SPaul.5,

Could you check the path of your project : is it containing any space in the name ?

Thanks ,

Wijeden,

Hi,

Here is the path of the project but there is no spaces.

0693W00000aIaz0QAC.pngThanks.

Wijeden RHIMI
ST Employee

Hi ,

Could you please check if the path is included in your source folders and that it isn't excluded from the build.

Project properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols -> Source Location

Thanks ,

Wijeden,

Hi,

It doesn't seem to be excluded from the build

0693W00000aIg66QAC.pngBut I did find out that the problem comes from the importation of the projects. When I tried to import the projects withouth checking the option "Copy projects into workspace" I didn't have the error anymore when building the projects.

Thanks.

Wijeden RHIMI
ST Employee

Hi again ?

Could you please provide us the steps to import your project ?

Import...-> General - > Existing Projects into Workspace -> Next -> Select root directory

Then add the path of the project, Select all and usually I check the option "Copy projects into workspace" and then Finish.

Am i doing something wrong ?

Wijeden RHIMI
ST Employee

I confirm your issue : when i do the same steps which provided by you to import a project .I see the same error but when uncheck the option "Copy projects into workspace" --> the project builds ok .

I wonder you to consult the STM32CubeIDE User Guide chap 2.10 (help -> information center) you can find how to import existing project correctly .

Don't hesitate to ask more questions !

Thanks,

MHoop.1
Senior

FYI, just saw this on the STM32VubeIDE wiki.

0693W00000aIhoTQAS.png 

Wijeden RHIMI
ST Employee

Hello ,

Consult the Stm32CubeIDE User Guide chap 2.10 not 2.1 or simply search on import existing project.

You can import a project as written on STM32CubeIDE User Guide without check "copy into workspace" : Because this option breaks a lot of links. The example projects usually have paths outside of the specific example, so when you try to build it can't find all the paths and throws an error.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions !

Thanks,