cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myST Login issue in STM32CubeIDE

cmendi
Associate II

Hello,

I just updated from 1.12.0 to 1.13.0 and now when i save changes it asks me to sign in to mySt to download a software package. 

cmendi_0-1689698718278.png

When i try to login to my ST i get this error:

cmendi_1-1689698783053.png

I am on my work network, not sure if that matters. My internet is working fine with everything else but the STMCubeIDE

Thank you,

22 REPLIES 22

Can you use images or videos for more detailed instructions? I tried following but still can't log in. I think I made a mistake in some step.

Same here on macOS Sonoma 14.4.1. Even tried saving my username and password in Updater settings > connection parameters 

Had to download & install my MCU packages manually. 

Why does it need to behind a login and is it not properly tested? Why not save your developers & users a lot of headaches and write native SW instead of trying to get something to work with Java?

Hello - first post,

I am new to ST microcontrollers but not in general. Just purchased a STM32H745i discovery board and plugged in Micro USB via laptop and nothing happens but red LED glowing on back - I believe COM light. This is disappointing.

Also, after watching a couple videos on CubeIDE getting started, downloaded IDE and tried to create project - I am affected by same bug and cannot authenticate to download package. It will flash either blank screens "Authentication Error Manager" or show connection lost like others have reported. This is also disappointing. So I have an IDE that is useless and a board that does nothing. 

I did check Network Settings under Preferences and only HTTP is checked. 

This is BS.

Couldn't agree more. This is BS.

Yes man, I have this trouble too now and dont know what to do.

Hello,

I did speak with a great customer support engineer who helped me sort my power issues and directed me to manually download board definitions and code samples (~3gb!).

In case you have the STM32H745I-DISCO discovery kit you will need to plug micro USB into CN13 (top-centre) and set jumper JP8 to 'USBFS'. Why they did not pre-configure for USB power is beyond me but perhaps a more experienced ST engineer can educate me.

As for the login bug, which seems to be further upstream as all platforms are affected, I hope they sort this soon as downloading everything for my class controller is overkill.

winfried_speidel
Associate II

Sorry, I've got the same problem. 

Can you please tell me - Which solution - I couldn't find one

Thanks, WInfried

Sure, no problem, I got everything working by doing the following:

Searching for my MCU in st.com - in my case, I have STM32H745I-DISCO discovery kit. Enter in exact product name ‘STM32xxxxx’

Then, under ‘Tools & Software’ tab downloading the MCU package - in my case it was latest version of ‘STM32CubeH7’ try to get latest version. Do not unzip package!

In STM32CubeIDE navigating to ‘Manage Embedded MCU Packages’ and installing local package. Point to zip file on your drive.

It will take a few minutes to install and that’s it! You will everything you need and can use new project wizard to create project / generate boilerplate code.

For my STM32H745I-DISCO, I had to set JP8 back to ‘STLK’ default from factory (Duh) and plug  Micro USB into STLink port.

If you get this far you can try and compile an example code under Project Wizard. After that click Bug Icon and start debugging, you should see something…if you need additional help I will try to assist.

msavi.11
Associate II

Thankyou very much!

raulsalinas
Associate II

I have the same problem under Ubuntu 24.04. I have direct Internet connectivity so I don't need a proxy. 

It just times out while trying to open the log-in page. 

I installed the application using the generic Linux installer. (The Debian one complained about missing packages).

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Raúl Salinas-Monteagudo