cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myST Login issue in STM32CubeIDE

cmendi
Associate II

Hello,

I just updated from 1.12.0 to 1.13.0 and now when i save changes it asks me to sign in to mySt to download a software package. 

cmendi_0-1689698718278.png

When i try to login to my ST i get this error:

cmendi_1-1689698783053.png

I am on my work network, not sure if that matters. My internet is working fine with everything else but the STMCubeIDE

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @cmendi, to the community!

STM32CubeIDE uses the network settings under Window > Preferences > Network Connections. There you can choose between:

• Direct (without proxy)
  • Manual (uses dedicated proxy settings)
  • Native (dynamic host)

For Manual you have to enter your credentials if you are working over a VPN or a proxy. Please try if you can get it to work with one of these settings?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @cmendi, to the community!

STM32CubeIDE uses the network settings under Window > Preferences > Network Connections. There you can choose between:

• Direct (without proxy)
  • Manual (uses dedicated proxy settings)
  • Native (dynamic host)

For Manual you have to enter your credentials if you are working over a VPN or a proxy. Please try if you can get it to work with one of these settings?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hey Peter,

Thank you for the response. I have tried everything besides Manual but i have IT coming in today. Ill have them enter in our credentials and see if that works.

PGogt
Associate III

I have the exact same issue. I have internet connection; the refresh of packages works but when I try to download any pack it asks me to login. I tried all the available network settings with no luck. Also, to log in where do I put in my credentials? CubeIDE is broken for me. I have no way to go back to earlier version as this is a fresh install on my machine after my hard disk died.

@PGogt You have not yet mentioned where and how you have set and checked the available network settings. This must be done for the CubeIDE in the settings mentioned:

• Window > Preferences > Network Connections

Please note that this is not set in the operating system, but in the CubeIDE.

Regards
/Peter

MFuch.3
Associate II

Hi,

same here! CubeIDE is used behind corporate proxy under Linux with cntlm (for authentication). This works fine in general. 

Proxy ist configured in IDE as:

MFuch3_0-1691038678379.png

The Connection check is "green" under STM32Cube-> Firmware updater: 

MFuch3_1-1691038752464.png

Below this successful check, I see a message with some "recommendations" to do some refreshes. These all work fine! E.G. run "Refresh" from Help->Embedded Software Package Manager. I can also monitor in cntlm log file as multiple .pack files are accessed on the web. (I must admit, that I also got the package manager stuck by explicitly selecting STM32H5 MCU Package 1.1.0 and clicking "Install").

When I create a new STM32 project the wizard finally asks me to Login to myST: 

MFuch3_2-1691038862452.png

When I use myST -> Login from Eclipse menu I get the "Connection lost..." message as described in this thread. So I would say internet access works, but the myST login is the problem.Hope this helps.

Testing with CubeIDE 1.13.1 under Ubuntu Linux.

Piranha
Chief II
MFuch.3
Associate II

I have to connect to the internet via proxy. So my options are "Manual" and "Native". Native seems to use the system settings. Under Linux they come from http_proxy and https_proxy. On my system they point to a local running cntlm instance that does the authentication for my local application (e.g. browser). But STM32Cube IDE seems to have problems with cntlm. So I switch to "Manual" and had to enter proxy settings manually - including credentials. This works, but it is not nice to have the credentials being entered inside an application. cntlm would be nice. No idea what makes the IDE unhappy with this.

WillJ
Associate

I also had that problem, in my case I downloaded the program without creating an account. The solution was to uninstall, create an account and then download the IDE for my account, with this I was able to log in to myST with my credentials. With that I was able to establish a connection and download the packages that, due to the lack of these packages, prevented me from continuing.

It wasn't a problem with proxy settings or anything like that 🙂

chis
Associate

I'm using Mac OS Ventura 13.0 on my personal laptop

I logged into my account and downloaded the latest STM32CubeIDE, installed the 'install me first' package, then the main package.

I get the same error, even though I'm already logged in:

Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 20.28.15.png