cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

live expression is not opening

Sushmita
Associate II

Hey ST,

I was using cube IDE, after selecting  MCU board, we need to give project name,  while in targeted project type name i kept at  empty,  as i don't want to use IOC configuration.

After successfully  writing  and debugging the code ,  if I am   opening my live expression, or expression or SRF. its not opening .

let me know how i need to resolve this issue. 

7 REPLIES 7
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Sushmita ,

Which CubeIDE version are you using?

Did you trying edit live expressions while target is running?

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

1.12.1 version

yes

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Sushmita,

This is a known limitation indicated in the STM32CubeIDE:STM32CubeIDE errata 1.1x.x :

Editing live expressions while target is running does not work with SEGGER J-Link.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

I am not trying to editing the live expression, after debugging the code, live expression is not coming nor any expression. though I am  using the latest version of STM IDE.

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @Sushmita 

Could you share a screenshot of the IDE while you are debugging.

Also, could you please mention the OS installed in your machine.

Thanks,
Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Screenshot (24).png

  I am trying to open live expression but its not. windows 11

1.12.1 version,

I am not trying to edit the live expression. i just to want read my variables in live expression. But live expression is not opening.