cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Cube IDE (V1.11.0) is taking a different .elf file and showing wrong memory regions in build analyzer. I have renamed a project long ago and have been using the new named project without any problems. Recent update is now showing older elf file

Parmin Nayani
Associate III

and build analyzer is showing those memory regions. I did not have this problem before. The new project name is AC_2 which is changed from AC_1. Now under build analyzer I see AC_1.elf/AC_2/Debug -27th August -2022, 6:33:40 PM. When I expand the projects tab and under Debug I see only AC_1.elf -[arm/le] though in the folder I see AC_2.elf. It is important for me to know the memory usage for my current project. Can someone help me please? This is a bit urgent and request your help ASAP. Appreciate your time and help. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rim LANDOLSI
ST Employee

Hello Parmin Nayani,

At first let me thank you for reporting this issue.

In fact, When building a renamed project created with CubeIDE1.11.0 the .elf file is renamed too and it is used correctly.

However importing a renamed project from an older version to CubeIde1.11.0 may cause a problem.

In this case, under Debug you can see the old and the new .elf file.

As a workaround I suggest to delete all binary files and rebuild the project or choose the right .elf file under Debug Configurations as the screenshots show. 

0693W00000WLKqXQAX.png0693W00000WLKqvQAH.png 

Regards,

Rim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rim LANDOLSI
ST Employee

Hello Parmin Nayani,

At first let me thank you for reporting this issue.

In fact, When building a renamed project created with CubeIDE1.11.0 the .elf file is renamed too and it is used correctly.

However importing a renamed project from an older version to CubeIde1.11.0 may cause a problem.

In this case, under Debug you can see the old and the new .elf file.

As a workaround I suggest to delete all binary files and rebuild the project or choose the right .elf file under Debug Configurations as the screenshots show. 

0693W00000WLKqXQAX.png0693W00000WLKqvQAH.png 

Regards,

Rim

Parmin Nayani
Associate III

Hi Rim LANDOSI,

Thanks for the reply. I really don't know what I did (tried all sorts of selections and combinations :D) in my urgency to get the problem fixed and I was able to get the view of my project memory usage. With your inputs now things are clear, and I shall implement and check. Thank you once again for your time.

Best regards

NPS

Rim LANDOLSI
ST Employee

Hello Parmin Nayani ,

Glad I could help,

If your issue is resolved, please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button on the previous answer. This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly.

Thanks for your contribution and do not hesitate to raise any issues or feedback.

Regards,

Rim