cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to setup configMAX_SYSCALL_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY in freeRTOS on a STM32G0 ? It seems that this config is not available in STM32Cube Environnement and in freeRTOS port code

WGend.15
Associate II

I am starting a new project on STM32G070KB and I want to use freeRTOS.

Problem that I have is that the configMAX_SYSCALL_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY seems to be gone from the port !

I use the latest STM32CubeIDE with the 1.4.1 firmware package for STM32G070KB

Problem is that because STM32G070 has only 4 priority level (2 bits) all of the interrupt that I set in the STM32Cube environnement needs to be at 3 (lowest priority) if they use freeRTOS functions !! This means I have no way to priorise them !!

#FreeRTOS​ 

#Interrupt​ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Community member​ ,

This is a normal behavior because the STM32G0 has a Cortex®-M0+ core.

Note: The information regarding interrupt nesting on this page applies when using a Cortex-M3, Cortex-M4, Cortex-M4F, Cortex-M7, Cortex-M33 and Cortex-M23. It does not apply to Cortex-M0 or Cortex-M0+ cores, which do not include a BASEPRI register.

For more details, you can consult this reference: RTOS for ARM Cortex-M (freertos.org)

BeST Regards,

Walid

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Community member​ ,

This is a normal behavior because the STM32G0 has a Cortex®-M0+ core.

Note: The information regarding interrupt nesting on this page applies when using a Cortex-M3, Cortex-M4, Cortex-M4F, Cortex-M7, Cortex-M33 and Cortex-M23. It does not apply to Cortex-M0 or Cortex-M0+ cores, which do not include a BASEPRI register.

For more details, you can consult this reference: RTOS for ARM Cortex-M (freertos.org)

BeST Regards,

Walid

WGend.15
Associate II

Thanks a lot Walid!

I have played quite a bit with freeRTOS on Cortex-M4 and Cortex-M7 and was not aware of the use of the BASEPRI register.

I guess we will have to work a bit differently on M0+ if we want to get our things running.

Your post helped me guide my google search (BASEPRI was really the keyword here).

I found this article that gives a lot of explanation.

Thanks for your help !

We are happy to help you. Don't hesitate if you have any other problems.

You are welcome at any time 😊