cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2c in different versions of STM32CubeIDE does not work as should.

HAhme.1
Associate II

Hello,

I have an old project which is on an older version of STCubeMX firmware, and once I migrate it to the new firmware, it stops communicating with the I2C correctly. Is there a reason for this? And how can I possibly fix this?

I'm using the STM32L4RET chip and I've attached the pop up message that comes up to me when I migrate.0693W000004IXLnQAO.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

It's most likely a bug with CubeMX or the code generation process. I would diff the main.c file before/after the migration, and if that doesn't lead to relevant differences, other files.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

I'm doing that right now, but it's a bit long and tedious. Is there no other way because I'm facing a deadline.

Thanks!

You could pay someone else to do it. You could write your own code so you're not restricted to what CubeMX outputs. You could avoid upgrading/migrating to newer versions unless absolutely needed, and plan for some time to find and fix issues that arise.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Not applicable

Maybe that's the price of updating the build tool during the development of the project, I already noticed this type of problem with Ethernet and USB Host.