cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need real help, the documentation is poor for STM32CubeF3. STM32Cube has no flowing documentation - PLEASE HELP!

TFlac
Associate III

I am working with STM32CubeIDE and there is no flowing documentation; other than a video I followed with a super large LCD so I can read it. The UM1766 does not have any mention of STM32CubeIDE. As a result I am working with SW4STM32, at least I can work with UM1766 and this is extremely poor. Has anyone in ST completed the task on page 19 of UM1766 concerning STM32CubeF3. This document is specifically designed for this CubeF3 and it does not work. Someone needs to redo this one page 19, with SCREEN SHOTS to show how it's done exactly. They should show how to get an example and load it into the SW4STM32. The UM1766 Page 19 states to IMPORT the design into the workspace. You can't import to the folder within STM32CubeF3, the tool complains, YOU CAN'T IMPORT TO AN EXISTING PROJECT. I can't import to the workspace, only half the design moves over and the BUILD won't work.

I think this would help the whole ST community and surely cut down on so many QUESTIONS.

We all will need to move over to STM32CubeIDE sooner or later so we need this documentation to flow, I'm ready to go, I have project design and can't get started.

I have been in engineering for over 40 years, 10 years as a FAE and the key to any platform is excellent documentation. I believe in ST, they are one of the best companies in the business, this is why I am staying with ST, but something has to be done. 

You can't get away with quick short PDFs with no screen shots. The Software Engineer who wrote the code should not be the one to proofread the documentation.

Can somebody do this one PAGE 19 in UM1766. Simply read in the design in SW4STM32.

I would be grateful.

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0