cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I could not connect debugger on the STM32CubeIDE 1.6.0. Target device is STM32H7B3 Discovery Kit. When I click Debug button, nothing happen -- no error message.

CWon.1
Associate II

0693W00000AMZWVQA5.png

4 REPLIES 4
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello!

Do you have the stand-alone version of CubeProgrammer installed? If so, can you connect the board that way? It's available here.

I also noticed you have the log to file activated, do you get information about what happens (if anything) when you're trying to launch the debug session?

CWon.1
Associate II

Yes, I activated log to file but log file was not created. So, I could not figure out what problem is there. STM32CubeIDE should create log file or notify what error is there.

Anyway, I installed CubeProgrammer and I can connect the board using CubeProgrammer. This is what I want actually. I need to program and debug using STM32CubeIDE.

What's next step? Can you do Webex or Zoom meeting to solve this issue?

Sorry for the late reply.

I believe the next step for now is to see if I can recreate the issue. What OS are you running? And you're using CubeIDE 1.6.0 as in the title or have you updated to 1.6.1?

Do you have access to another computer to see if this fault shows up on both machines? What type of project is this? An STM32 project? Is there a difference if you create an empty project? (File -> New -> STM32 project -> Select board -> Next -> Select empty project).. It's the same screen where you name the project.

CWon.1
Associate II

It looks problem was in my workspace. After I create new workspace, I can connect debugger and can download now.

I think you can close this issue.